PDA

View Full Version : New 318SAB

webslave
10-25-2011, 12:00 PM
New to 5th wheels, but, not "camping". Started out, so many years ago, backpacking. Transitioned (with age) to car camping, then travel trailers and now to a 5th wheel. Don't know if we'll get to take it out this year, they are already calling for snow here Friday (sheesh!) and I'm still waiting on the TrailAir with Tri-Glide from the dealer.

Anybody, besides me, look at RV Shows as a "mixed blessing"? :rofl:

antiqfreq
10-25-2011, 12:20 PM
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new Cougar fiver.

We have a different model but love ours.

I hope you can get at least one trip in before you get snowed in !

Jo
:wave:

mike9661
10-25-2011, 01:58 PM
Don
We have the same model and love it. It is at the dealer now for a few warranty things to get fixed like the heater duct in basement, the underbelly is ripping and no build sheet. We will be doing our last trip to Gettysburg in 2 weeks. I hope you like your 5er as much as we do.
Mike

webslave
11-22-2011, 09:44 AM
Got one trip in... Just a weekend, but, the unit pulls marvelously, it stayed much warmer than our little FunFinder and the increased space is just incredible, almost criminal...just like sitting at home. Can't call it "roughing it" any more :rofl:

Festus2
11-22-2011, 10:03 AM
Don:
Don't feel guilty about the increased living space and other amenities offered by your new 5th ---- just enjoy them. I noticed that you have yet to visit western Canada and beautiful BC..... now that you have a home on wheels..... go west young man!
Welcome to the forum.

Johnnyfry
11-22-2011, 11:53 AM
Hi Don,

We have a 318SAB and love it. We just came back off a 5 month trip --- and didn't kill each other! We left the 5er and truck in storage in San Antonio and flew home to DC for the holidays. Back in February for another go at it. Alaska, maybe.

Happy camping,
John

webslave
12-15-2011, 04:39 PM
Don:
Don't feel guilty about the increased living space and other amenities offered by your new 5th ---- just enjoy them. I noticed that you have yet to visit western Canada and beautiful BC..... now that you have a home on wheels..... go west young man!
Welcome to the forum.

That's exactly what is on our "short list" of long trips... Was just diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis this past winter/spring and am working to get it under control... For the time being, monthly doctor appointments, but, soon hope to be able to free up 3 or 4 months to get some of those "west" Canada provinces in. Those way up north? Not likely to happen...I'm too warm blooded to get that close to Santa :rofl: