PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a "shade gripper thingy"

Maineiacs
07-03-2020, 07:20 AM
Well, that's how it was described to me! To raise or lower the shades, you need to grasp them by the square edge bottom. It's been known that sometimes I leave finger marks. For standard domestic inside shades, there are numerous plastic handles that slide on to provide a place to grip.

Has anyone seen anything similar for RV shades? Googling shade "gripper thingy" didn't do the trick! :lol:

JRTJH
07-03-2020, 08:55 AM
Maybe these ???

https://fixmyblinds.com/collections/mini-blind-cordless-blind-handles/products/cordless-mini-blind-handle-clear

Maineiacs
07-03-2020, 08:59 AM
That's very close, thanks. Need to open the coach and check - in my mind I see my bottom as square rather than oval. Need to measure.

JRTJH
07-03-2020, 09:12 AM
If the top "points" wrap around the bottom rail, it shouldn't matter whether the bottom rail is square or oval, the pull will hold "on top of the rail" and shouldn't fall off.... Assuming the measurements are somewhat close.

You could also consider a more "complex mod" and cut some lexan strips, screw them to the bottom of the lower rail with enough "projection" for your fingers to grip.

Northofu1
07-03-2020, 09:20 AM
Wash your hands before taking those measurements.
Sorry Jim, I beat you to it. :lol:

Maineiacs
07-03-2020, 01:34 PM
Wash your hands before taking those measurements.
Sorry Jim, I beat you to it. :lol:

You sound just like SWMBO!*

*She Who Must Be Obeyed LOL 50 years and counting!