PDA

View Full Version : Window knob blocks blinds

menwithven
07-03-2020, 04:58 AM
I'm really hoping there's some obvious fix for this... Just took delivery of a new Cougar trailer, and on one of the big windows on the slideout, it is half emergency window, and then the other half is this knob contraption to open the window.

The problem is, this big ol' knob completely blocks the blinds from moving down past it - see attached pics.

And the blinds are kind of locked in by the side trim that wraps around the edges of the blinds.

Any ideas or something I'm missing?

Edit: the pics are showing up sideways of course

JRTJH
07-03-2020, 06:36 AM
You can go to any RV parts store and purchase those "knurled knobs" with a shorter shank length. One screw in the middle to remove the old one, install the new, shorter shank knob and reinstall the screw.

That will put the knob closer to the window and hopefully the blind will lower without catching the knob.

MarkEHansen
07-05-2020, 07:20 AM
Here is a knob with a 1/2" shank, which should help a lot. You would just need a shorter screw:
https://www.amazon.com/RV-Designer-H711-Diameter-Interior/dp/B0006I0MV8

menwithven
07-05-2020, 07:37 AM
Thank you for the suggestions and the amazon link! That should do it!

JRTJH
07-05-2020, 07:59 AM
I just looked at the Amazon link that Mark posted. WHOA !!!!! $7.49 for a plastic window crank. WOW !!! They are "on the shelf" at most RV parts stores for around $2.49, and I thought that was "highway robbery"....

The link is for the correct part, thanks, Mark for linking to the part to fix the issue. But they are available for much less, if you happen to be near any RV parts store.

dadnjesse
07-09-2020, 02:58 PM
I just looked at the Amazon link that Mark posted. WHOA !!!!! $7.49 for a plastic window crank. WOW !!! They are "on the shelf" at most RV parts stores for around $2.49, and I thought that was "highway robbery"....

The link is for the correct part, thanks, Mark for linking to the part to fix the issue. But they are available for much less, if you happen to be near any RV parts store.

That pays for the free shipping.