PDA

View Full Version : Induction Cooktops and hot weather

sourdough
07-01-2020, 06:28 PM
The topic of induction cooktops has been talked about in multiple threads in the past. As we have sat here in the heat/humidity of FL we have, I think, a great benefit that some may not have.

I carry 2 Nuwave portable induction cooktops. I use them all the time but generally outside. With the heat and humidity I just hated using the cooktop. I don't cook on it but we do use it to boil water every morning in a teapot. Takes quite a while, the cast iron grates are thick and they retain heat forever seemingly. Enter the induction into the RV.

Although the ACs do an admirable job I just don't like feeling the heat from the stove top at this time of year. Put one of the induction cookers on the counter and used it for the hot water in the tea pot. Boiling in 1/4 of the time. Heat - none. Instead of outside, I boiled potatoes inside last night; no heat, quick and no mess. Much more controllable (and you know the temp) than the stove top.

We are huge fans of these things (there are other brands than Nuwave I believe). As everyone tries to find a way to stay cool, cut down on AC usage and find more convenience, I thought I would just throw that out and share it. We have been boiling the tea pot every morning for about 2 weeks and it is SO much better wanted to make sure everyone knew that option was there.

KRumm
07-01-2020, 11:36 PM
I have one from Ikea $49... I do 90% of the cooking on it...

busterbrown
07-02-2020, 03:26 AM
I've been meaning to try induction cooking....never have. I may make my first purchase soon.

sourdough
12-19-2020, 06:40 PM
I will say that we have literally stopped using our stove top and only use induction.....except at times when it is cold and we use the stove top for heat while heating a tea pot. No heat, so quick, no space taken up....we both love them.

travelin texans
12-19-2020, 08:26 PM
We had 2 of the NuWave cooktops also & the gas cooktop in out last 5th wheel was never used, used the induction cooktops indoors & out for 6+ years in the rv. Now DW uses them in our modular home about 75% of the time rather the stovetop.