PDA

View Full Version : 2017 Outback 325bh jack problem

Packerbacker20
06-28-2020, 10:13 AM
I'm having a issue with my 2017 Keystone Outback 325bh. It has the BAL SS 7.1 auto leveling system & the issue I'm having is one of my jacks, specifically the right rear stabilizer is frying motors! We purchased this camper used in September 2019 & everything worked perfect, sat alongside my garage for the winter and Memorial Day weekend only that right rear jack wouldn't work. I ordered a replacement, installed it and same thing happened again! I'm worried that this could potentially lead to the camper going up in flames. Has anyone else had this problem? I've attached pictures of the motors. Thanks for any help / suggestions.

Brian

JRTJH
06-28-2020, 11:22 AM
Is that rear jack bent??? It sure sounds like it's binding and not allowing the lower leg to move freely.

Packerbacker20
06-28-2020, 12:37 PM
Is that rear jack bent??? It sure sounds like it's binding and not allowing the lower leg to move freely.
The jack moves freely when motor isn't hooked up, doesn't appear to be bent but haven't inspected it that closely.

MarkEHansen
07-04-2020, 02:53 PM
I wonder if the power to that motor is not up to the correct voltage (due to a problem with the line or perhaps the controller). If the voltage is low, won't that increase the current - and the heat?

Can you test the voltage at the other motors and compare them to this one?

Packerbacker20
07-04-2020, 04:02 PM
Great idea, I'll run a check tomorrow. Thanks