PDA

View Full Version : Macerator pumps

patrick.alexandra
06-27-2020, 08:40 AM
I am a full-timer in a 2009 Montana 3400RL on my parents' property and the idea of a macerator pump has been thrown out there as a way for me to discharge to their septic tank.

I've come across a website - rvexpertise.com and am reading what they have to say on pumps, but would like to know what/if experience any of y'all have in this area.

Thank you for your help and If I've posted the question to the wrong thread, I apologize.

hankpage
06-27-2020, 09:32 AM
I have used a Flo-Jet system every time I came home after a long trip. There is a thread about this subject HERE (https://www.keystoneforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41014&highlight=Macerator+pumps) That may answer some of your questions. JM2¢, Hank

wiredgeorge
06-27-2020, 12:39 PM
My parking pad where there is a pedestal with water & 30A/15A outlets is 200 ft from my septic inlet. It is downhill and a macerator pump has been used full time for over a month at a time to empty the black tank. On our property, there is nothing downhill from the pad except many empty acres so just dump the gray tank(s) down the hill. I keep an outdoor heavy duty hose (actually two 100' hoses tied together) as the drain and run it into my house clean out down the hill. Not sure how far a macerator pump would pump on level ground but 200' is very possible down a grade.