PDA

View Full Version : New Passport Owners Temporarily in VT

ThisFamilyCan
06-18-2020, 04:36 PM
We recently purchased a Passport Ultra Lite Elite 23RB and took it on a little shakedown jaunt nearby. We love the trailer, and the few mods we have made (more to come) and only had one SNAFU with a bike rack attached to the spare...rookie mistake but fixable. Our plan is to take off on a national park tour pretty soon, boondocking as much as possible but not to the detriment of our fun :-). We're doing this all with our (currently) 6 month old son, which certainly adds a bit of a challenge, but we think (obviously) it will be worth it in the end. Anyway, happy to join this forum, have already made use of some good advice and I am sure more will be helpful soon!

Our mods:
Galvanized steel backsplash with magnetic knife hangers
MicroAir Easy Start AC soft start unit
Portable Renogy solar panels to charge battery in sunny 'climes
Shelving installed below hanger bar for half the width of the rear storage (pantry)
Pneumatic struts for assisted bed opening
Roof vent covers
Spare tire mount bike rack (now broken)

Looking in to installing a small (c. 500w) inverter....advice welcome!

Chris P
06-18-2020, 04:40 PM
Nicely done! Welcome from New Jersey.

NH_Bulldog
06-18-2020, 05:08 PM
Welcome from next door in NH. Camping in VT (Addison County) this weekend. You will make some awesome memories with your Son. My first camping trip was when I was 30 days old (and almost 52 years later, I am still hooked).

Gary R.
06-18-2020, 08:21 PM
Hello and welcome to the forum!

You've made some very good mods to your RV!

Enjoy!

DetnNet
06-19-2020, 10:50 AM
Welcome to the forum. Looks like you are well on your way for mods.

travelin texans
06-19-2020, 12:03 PM
If the spare is mounted to the flimsy bumper/sewer hose storage tube then it's already maxed out weight wise as you've found out.
If you're towing with a pickup, in the bed would be a better spot to haul the bikes, a roof rack added to whatever vehicle you use or a receiver hitch added the front of your vehicle, anywhere but the RV bumper.

Gegrad
06-19-2020, 05:32 PM
Welcome from Pennsylvania and enjoy the Passport!

WNY Bullet
06-20-2020, 04:09 AM
Welcome from Western New York :wlcm:

DetnNet
06-24-2020, 05:05 AM
Welcome to the forum from Indiana

Gobirds38
06-24-2020, 05:22 AM
Welcome Have Fun and Enjoy!!!

What bed lifts did you use, I am looking into them for mine.