PDA

View Full Version : Cougar Xlite Converter Location

butterbean
06-18-2020, 11:03 AM
Can anyone tell me where the converter is located on a 2010 Cougar Xlite 26BHS? When hooking it on Monday I reversed polarity when I hooked up the battery. Thought I had everything fixed and it worked for two day but finally drained the battery telling me the converter isn’t working as it should. Hopefully it’s just a fuse on the converter but need to find it first! Any input would be greatly appreciated!

sourdough
06-18-2020, 12:02 PM
Can you remove the front of your power panel? If you're lucky it might be right behind that.

butterbean
06-18-2020, 12:06 PM
Does the power panel just pull out with the screws on the front. Haven’t gotten this deep into electrical stuff so trying to take it slow and careful. Is the converter something that can be replace fairly easily if needed? I’m hoping it’s just a fuse on the converter. I’m sure there is some type of protection for crossing up the wires.

Northofu1
06-18-2020, 12:20 PM
On both of my trailers they were behind the panel. Make sure shore power and battery is disconnected,,,

butterbean
06-18-2020, 12:24 PM
Everything is disconnected and it’s sitting at the storage lot. Going out tonight to see what I can find. Is there any way to test the converter without it hooked up to shore power? If I find a blown fuse I’m hopeful that’s it. Otherwise it may be time to replace the converter.

Steveo57
06-18-2020, 12:53 PM
On mine the converter is in the power panel underneath. Likely you blew the reverse polarity fuses.

butterbean
06-18-2020, 01:00 PM
Steveo, you wouldn’t happen to know the size of those fuses would you? Would like to take a couple with me tonight to replace them while I’m there.

Steveo57
06-18-2020, 01:44 PM
Steveo, you wouldn’t happen to know the size of those fuses would you? Would like to take a couple with me tonight to replace them while I’m there.

Mine are 40 amp fuses.

butterbean
06-18-2020, 03:18 PM
Thanks for all the help guys! The reverse polarity fuses were indeed 40 amp and blown. Hopefully this fixed the situation. Now just need to get to a campground to test it out! I was just so flustered this morning that I wasn’t thinking clearly enough and never had this happen before. Live and learn with everyone’s help. Then again I think about all this and definitely first world problems!

sourdough
06-18-2020, 05:47 PM
Thanks for all the help guys! The reverse polarity fuses were indeed 40 amp and blown. Hopefully this fixed the situation. Now just need to get to a campground to test it out! I was just so flustered this morning that I wasn’t thinking clearly enough and never had this happen before. Live and learn with everyone’s help. Then again I think about all this and definitely first world problems!

Great! I bet that fixed it. When faced with that "problem", ask here, lots of folks that want to help.

butterbean
06-18-2020, 06:23 PM
You are correct. Had three issues solved with this forum this week alone. Great people who are always willing to help.

Stumpy75
06-19-2020, 03:42 PM
Thanks for all the help guys! The reverse polarity fuses were indeed 40 amp and blown. Hopefully this fixed the situation.

Check your AC/furnace. There is a small 2A glass type fuse in the thermostat that usually blows when you reverse the polarity. Easy to replace.