PDA

View Full Version : Solar display explained for a dummy

JCB80
06-18-2020, 05:56 AM
My new (and first) TT came with solar installed - a 2019 Keystone Passport SL 240BHW. I'm curious what exactly everything means when you toggle through the display - I've attached 3 pics of the 3 things you see toggling through it, not sure if they'll post in this order:

1. 13.1V = battery voltage (this one pretty obvious - I understand that :lol:)
2. 0.4A = charging current - is that how much current/charge is currently coming in? In other word how much is coming from the panels right at this moment???
3. 16.1Ah = the charged capacity - is that how much charge is in the battery right now (total charge) or is that how much charge has been added today? Seems like it starts at 0 after every night when it does not charge??

Appreciate your feedback :)

Canonman
06-18-2020, 06:28 AM
Our Zamp controller offers similar information. Here's the way I understand the display;
13.1 V Is the voltage being provided to the batteries from the controller
0.4 A is the amperage being applied to the batteries
16.1 AH is the total amp hours that have been supplied to the batteries over the current charging period.

From the information provided, I'd say your batteries are pretty well charged up. 13.1 is considered a "trickle" charge or float charge and coincides with the .4 amp input. The controller's job is to monitor the battery state of charge and provide as much voltage and current/amps as needed to bring the batteries up to full charge. This protects the batteries from becoming over charged and boiling off acid. The Zamp controller also will show "FULL" when the batteries are fully topped off.

mikec557
06-18-2020, 07:40 AM
My new (and first) TT came with solar installed - a 2019 Keystone Passport SL 240BHW. I'm curious what exactly everything means when you toggle through the display - I've attached 3 pics of the 3 things you see toggling through it, not sure if they'll post in this order:

1. 13.1V = battery voltage (this one pretty obvious - I understand that :lol:)
2. 0.4A = charging current - is that how much current/charge is currently coming in? In other word how much is coming from the panels right at this moment???
3. 16.1Ah = the charged capacity - is that how much charge is in the battery right now (total charge) or is that how much charge has been added today? Seems like it starts at 0 after every night when it does not charge??

Appreciate your feedback :)

Is your solar charge controller mounted in the front pass through or inside the camper living area?

Thanks
Mike

JCB80
06-18-2020, 08:14 AM
Inside the camper living area. (Between the bathroom and the dinette)

mikec557
06-18-2020, 01:10 PM
Inside the camper living area. (Between the bathroom and the dinette)

Hmmm, interesting. I have to find "where" Keystone routed the wires down from the rooftop zamp connector they put there. Thanks for the info. It may help me find mine.

Mike