PDA

View Full Version : Fiver Cover

CUTiger80
06-15-2020, 06:00 PM
New to this forum. We recently bought a gently used 2019 Montana 3561RL and I'm seriously considering putting a cover over it because it sits in our yard under some trees.
What covers have you guys had success with and what has proven to be junk.
Thanks in advance for your guidance.

chuckster57
06-15-2020, 06:33 PM
Welcome to the forum :wlcm:

If you search, you'll find a vast majority of us don’t use them. A quality wax job is a much better investment.

sourdough
06-15-2020, 06:36 PM
Chuck is right. Do a search, the vast majority do not use them. The downsides are much more than the positives in most folks view as I can tell.

rhagfo
06-15-2020, 08:32 PM
New to this forum. We recently bought a gently used 2019 Montana 3561RL and I'm seriously considering putting a cover over it because it sits in our yard under some trees.
What covers have you guys had success with and what has proven to be junk.
Thanks in advance for your guidance.

If you are worried about pitch on the roof consider small cheap tarps to just cover the roof and not the sides.

Huntme
06-15-2020, 08:55 PM
a full cover today,can make your paint go away.

flybouy
06-16-2020, 02:41 AM
As a newbie many years ago I covered our new trailer. At the time I found it curious that only a handful of people in a very large storage lot used them. When I checked on the camper 2 months later I found out why. broken gutter spouts, scratches in the filon (thankfully I had a good carnauba wax job), and eyelets pulled out. First time was last time for me.

Whatever you do, DO NOT USE A PLASTIC "BLUE TARP"! They do not "breath" so they hold moisture, act like a solar green house and hold in heat, and are very abrasive compared to a cloth cover.

travelin texans
06-16-2020, 08:27 AM
Regardless of price or brand those covers are good for 2 seasons before shredded so plan on replacing. Not to mention you'll need to be part muscle man & part acrobat to wrestle it up, over & around the RV.
As Marshall stated NO blue tarps!
If it is able to be stored on your lot invest the wasted cover $$ in a permanent roof over it, it'll be $$ better spent.

CUTiger80
06-25-2020, 06:31 AM
Thanks for everyone's input.
I would love to be able to build a permanent roof over it, but there is just not enough space. I'm mainly concerned about the bird poop and tree sap that end up on the roof.
I will hold off for a while and see how things go.

CUTiger80
06-25-2020, 06:33 AM
Welcome to the forum :wlcm:

If you search, you'll find a vast majority of us don’t use them. A quality wax job is a much better investment.

I've thought about applying ceramic wax, but there is soooo much surface area and I just don't think that my arms and shoulders would hold up for the job. Are there other options that you guys are aware of?