PDA

View Full Version : Hooking up satellite throughout my camper

charger
06-14-2020, 09:06 PM
Hello all, I have a2016 Sundance model 3700RLB. I would like to know if it is possible to hook up the satellite dish to go to all the TVs in the fifth wheel ? There are three cable outlets in the camper and I would like to get them all synced up with the dish. Any suggestions on how that is accomplished? Thank you in advance.

chuckster57
06-15-2020, 03:15 AM
Do you have a single coax outlet at each TV? Or do you have 2 coax at the main tv and singles at the other two?

If you only have 2 coax outlets at the main tv you will have to run coax you the other two.

charger
06-15-2020, 04:58 AM
There are two coax hookups coming into the camper,and there are two at the main tv, one regular and one with a little red button. I was told the button was for an antenna booster but I’m not sure. There are only single outlets at the TVs in the bedrooms.

chuckster57
06-15-2020, 05:05 AM
Ok. The one with the button is for roof antenna/park cable. The single is for satellite at that tv. If you want satellite at each tv you’ll have to run more coax, using RG6 for proper signal strength. There are a couple of options but it’s not going to be easy as pie.

flybouy
06-15-2020, 05:14 AM
Do you have a wall plate with 2 coax fittings and a short length or "loop" of coax going from one to the other?