PDA

View Full Version : How do I reset Dometic Fridge/ freezer in My Cougar?

ronheater70
06-14-2020, 05:21 AM
I do not see a dedicated breaker/ Fuse for it. In my mind I can unhook power from my house then switch battery shutoff to off position, BUT that would probably reset the incommand as well and that kinda makes me nervous since it is working properly.

If I am not mistaken I do have breakers for the outlets, which I assume the fridge is probably tied into.. Thoughts?

chuckster57
06-14-2020, 05:24 AM
If your Dometic fridge is an RV fridge meaning it operates on 110VAC and propane, just turn it off, there is no “reset”.

ronheater70
06-14-2020, 05:36 AM
Im Getting an E0 code when I tried switching from power back to propane for the trip home Thursday. Seems this isn't to horribly Uncommon and from what I have read it seems it is typically been corrected with disconnecting power source for a few minutes

chuckster57
06-14-2020, 08:13 AM
What model of fridge?

ronheater70
06-14-2020, 11:07 AM
Model no. RM1350SLMX

ChuckS
06-14-2020, 01:07 PM
This should help

ronheater70
06-14-2020, 01:52 PM
This should help

Thank you.. But Im still trying to disconnect power to the fridge at this point. I took back panel off and unplugged an ac cord, but fridge still has power. I can find no fuse, no cord, no thing to simply disconnect the fridge from the system other than disconnecting battery and pulling power to whole system, is there not a way to isolate fridge? I don't want to reboot whole system, just fridge

ronheater70
06-14-2020, 02:05 PM
O.k I did what I didn't want to do, I turned off battery connect and unplugged power for 5 minutes.. hooked everything back up and fridge now works again. Hopefully the rest of the system is not hurt by the doing it that way.

chuckster57
06-14-2020, 02:50 PM
Thank you.. But Im still trying to disconnect power to the fridge at this point. I took back panel off and unplugged an ac cord, but fridge still has power. I can find no fuse, no cord, no thing to simply disconnect the fridge from the system other than disconnecting battery and pulling power to whole system, is there not a way to isolate fridge? I don't want to reboot whole system, just fridge

If you look in the back there should be. The 12VDC wires going to a plastic block. You can remove the wire with the color tracer (12V positive) and the refer will be “dead”. Just be careful not to ground that wire.

ronheater70
06-14-2020, 05:40 PM
If you look in the back there should be. The 12VDC wires going to a plastic block. You can remove the wire with the color tracer (12V positive) and the refer will be “dead”. Just be careful not to ground that wire.

Thanks! You have been very Helpful, if this happens again Ill know where to look!

ChuckS
06-14-2020, 07:15 PM
For future reference if you need it.. pic is fr9m my Dometic 1350 fridge... it shows you the two fuses.. One for DC and one for AC