PDA

View Full Version : Panel toggles ( newbie )

coldwater
06-12-2020, 04:47 PM
Hoping that someone can help me with this. We just purchased a Keystone Impact 301 toyhauler and are just trying to get a feel for everything. We are new to the rv world. Already figured out we had a valve turned the wrong way hence no hot water ! Now I would like to know what the toggles marked gas and electric would be for on this panel. Are they for the water heater ? We started the water heater from outside when we finally got the water going the right way lol. Thanks so much for your help, I'm sure I will be back again with more questions and browsing to learn.

chuckster57
06-12-2020, 05:23 PM
Yes they are for the water heater. Assuming everything is working properly the GAS switch will start the LP side. Meaning it will cause the gas valve to open, ignite the flame and heat the water. The ELECT switch will start the 110VAC side. You may have a switch on the outside lower left corner and it will need to be in the ON position.

You can operate either/or you can operate BOTH at the same time.

coldwater
06-12-2020, 05:46 PM
Great Thank you very much. Answer to the first of many questions I'm sure lol.

chuckster57
06-12-2020, 06:05 PM
Ask away!! The only dumb question is the one not asked. We were ALL newbies at one time.

sourdough
06-12-2020, 06:22 PM
Great Thank you very much. Answer to the first of many questions I'm sure lol.

Ask away with questions! I think I must have been "different" but I've always had Atwood hwhs. Never a switch on the hwh to turn on outside, anode rods etc. This one came with a Suburban. I leave the switch on the hwh on. I have no idea why they would want you to activate the heating element in multiple places....just my thinking.

chuckster57
06-12-2020, 06:26 PM
Don’t remember what brand water heater is in my trailer, I do know it has an anode rod and 110V switch outside. No AC switch inside just the gas side.

Roscommon48
06-13-2020, 04:30 AM
make sure you have water in your hot water tank before you turn 'electric' on....

and yes, you can have both gas and electric on at the same time....I thought I'd answer your next question here.