PDA

View Full Version : Fuse light

BigJohnny
06-06-2020, 06:08 AM
does anybody know about the red light in fuse box is on ,switched fuses light still on and even if i take out fuse, light still on but very dim. thanks in advance.

chuckster57
06-06-2020, 06:10 AM
The LED next to a 12V fuse usually lights up when the fuse is blown. Is the fuse “seated” in the slots?

BigJohnny
06-06-2020, 06:44 AM
Yes the fuse is seated in the slot and when i pull the fuse all the way out the light just dims. thanks

JRTJH
06-06-2020, 07:14 AM
According to the WFCO FAQ website:

Why can I pull my fuses out of the fuse board and some of the LEDs light up, but some do not?
When a fuse blows, the red LED comes ON indicating a blown fuse. If for some reason the output circuit has no load on it (turning off the switch or turning off the appliance), the red LED will not light even if the fuse is blow or removed.

So, there's a possibility that you might have a "bleed through" or "grounding issue" with that fuse terminal. If everything is working properly, I don't think I'd try to "reinvent the wheel" on this one. If you're still in warranty and want to have the dealership check it, be aware that they may "fix it and screw up something else".....

BigJohnny
06-06-2020, 07:26 AM
Thank you JRTJH !!!

sourdough
06-06-2020, 09:12 AM
Just as an fyi; bought this trailer new in March and everything looked great on PDI. Drove 60 miles home, hooked it up to power, opened the power panel and had a red light beside a fuse. Pulled the fuse out, checked and reinserted - looked fine (I do recall the light "dimmed"). Went about working in the trailer, looked again after a while and it was on. Played with it a bit and found one of the connectors in the panel had very loose ears. Recrimped and all has been fine since.