PDA

View Full Version : LCD Remote Issues Programming

jjohnsonlta
06-05-2020, 03:35 PM
So I am on my second replacement wireless remote part no. 206436. I have a 2016 Cougar High Country fifth wheel that has the 13505 multi function receiver and uses this remote. My original remote lost it's screen display other than a small black line. Both the replacements of ended up with the same problem during programming. See pics. Has anyone ever had this issue with programming a new remote or their existing remote?

jjohnsonlta
06-05-2020, 03:39 PM
Forgot to mention this is the only thing the screen displays once the remote is powered on. Pushing any of the keypad functions does nothing.

sourdough
06-05-2020, 05:04 PM
Yes, mine did the same thing. Very distressing. Messed with it; did everything I could. I could actually operate all the functions but I had no idea of what was going to happen when I pushed the buttons. Got frustrated and found the solution.....a new Montana HC without a remote!!!!:lol::lol:

Sorry for the humor. I did not come up with a solution. I could work just fine without it (we liked it for front/rear stabilizers). Ours was a 2014 Cougar High Country 319rls so it was time for an upgrade anyway.

LHaven
06-05-2020, 06:46 PM
This looks like the sort of display malfunction that can occur if the switch is on when you put new batteries in it. Sometimes you can clear this by removing the batteries completely, letting it sit for a few minutes, then putting the batteries in decisively, without "bouncing" on the contacts during insertion. Sometimes it takes more than one try. If you try it three times without success, the unit is probably toast.

jjohnsonlta
06-05-2020, 07:22 PM
Yeah the unit is brand new replacement for the first new one that did the same thing. It only has one battery and tried on first one to remove and reset but it didn't work. Might give this one a try.

JRTJH
06-06-2020, 05:03 AM
Sometimes (sort of a last ditch effort) you can use a short piece of wire, remove the battery and short the +/- terminals (that sit against the battery connections) together and completely remove any remaining charge in the remote. Occasionally that will "save a dead remote".