PDA

View Full Version : Soon to be newbies

Kat N Evan
06-05-2020, 03:03 PM
Hello all,
My wife and I are contemplating the purchase of a 2011 Keystone Outback 210RS. We are looking forward to learning a lot on this forum. That being said, I’m off the ask a boat load (RV load?) of questions.

Chris P
06-05-2020, 03:08 PM
Welcome Kat &Evan from New Jersey, Alot of helpful people here, Ask those questions

notanlines
06-05-2020, 03:49 PM
Welcome to the forum from sunny northern Wisconsin. Let's start with some basics of the RV. Loaded it will probably top 7000 pounds, hitch weight will be close to 1000 pounds. Owner is probably asking about 8K, or dealer is asking about 10K. Yep, we know about these things! (I should be close) This rascal is a little heavy for not being very long. (23' or so?) Please tell us you don't plan to tow it with a Jeep CJ-7, Toyota 4Runner or a Rav 4. Maybe give us a little info about yourselves, how you will use it and where you are going to tow. Then we can brag about what a bunch of know-it-alls we portend to be and go from there...:D

Gary R.
06-05-2020, 04:18 PM
Greetings folks, and welcome aboard!

chuckster57
06-05-2020, 04:43 PM
Welcome to the forum!!

Feel free to ask anything, there is a lot of good information and loads of great people here.

Gegrad
06-05-2020, 04:56 PM
Welcome from Pennsylvania. Ask away as we love to help!

CrazyCain
06-05-2020, 05:07 PM
Welcome to the forum from Michigan.... Good choice picking this here Forum.. Enjoy the memories to come..
:popcorn::campfire::wlcm:

Kat N Evan
06-05-2020, 05:40 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome. We live in Florida, our plan is mostly to camp in state parks with services (no boon docking, at least to start). We’re going to be towing the rig with an Audi Q7 3.0 liter supercharged with the towing package. Rated for 6600 gross weight and 660 lb hitch weight. Everything I’ve read tells me this rig is near the max but should be ok (I hope). Getting a pretty good deal and the rig is in pristine shape for its age. Getting super excited and terrified all at the same time. It’s like being in a theme park ride, not sure if I’m gonna laugh or throw up. But should be fun either way?

LHaven
06-05-2020, 06:41 PM
Before we get started (and definitely before you put any money down), please post a photo of the sticker on your Audi doorframe that has the information shown in the sticker below. It's the right sticker if it talks about combined weights not to exceed.

sourdough
06-05-2020, 06:57 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome. We live in Florida, our plan is mostly to camp in state parks with services (no boon docking, at least to start). We’re going to be towing the rig with an Audi Q7 3.0 liter supercharged with the towing package. Rated for 6600 gross weight and 660 lb hitch weight. Everything I’ve read tells me this rig is near the max but should be ok (I hope). Getting a pretty good deal and the rig is in pristine shape for its age. Getting super excited and terrified all at the same time. It’s like being in a theme park ride, not sure if I’m gonna laugh or throw up. But should be fun either way?

Audi Q7? For a tow vehicle? Realizing that the German manufacturers don't make a single vehicle made for towing.....

The trailer you mention has a gvw in excess of 7500 lbs.

https://www.rvusa.com/rv-guide/2011-keystone-outback-travel-trailer-floorplan-210rs-tr8935

You are way beyond the "laugh" stage and far, FAR into the "throw up" stage. That vehicle is not, nor was ever meant, to be a tow vehicle. The weight of the trailer you are looking at is a stretch for most 1/2 ton trucks much less you SUV. Pass and look for something in the 3-4k gvw range....maybe.

DetnNet
06-06-2020, 05:02 AM
Welcome from Indiana. Lots of good information on this forum. You will get great advice.