PDA

View Full Version : Dometic Refrigerator Shut Off

Mcfeeley
06-05-2020, 11:03 AM
Looking for some ideas. I have a 2018 Keystone Cougar TT. It has a slide out with duo 8 cu ft Dometic refrigerators built in 2017. I have always had problems with the left one. This model has no read out but push buttons: On/Off, Auto, Check and Gas. I am always plugged into 50 amp service so it is always running on 120. The right refrigerator has never been a problem. When the outside temperature hit 70-75, it shuts down with the Auto and Check lights lit. It will not turn on again. I took it to the dealer I bought it from for various work including this problem. Finally when the outside temperature hit 70-80 they witnessed the problem. Even though it is a large dealer I have no confidence they have a technician that knows how these refrigerators work. The solution they came up with is an additional fan, which they installed. However, I am having the same problem again, possibly at the higher temperature of 80+, but totally unreliable to leave unattended. I have also noticed that compared to the right side refrigerator, the fan turns on soonest and more frequent. Like it is running hotter than the other one. Their answer is to bring it in again. I am volunteering at a non-profit for the summer and the dealer is 170 miles away with very few resources close by. Besides not wanting to break camp, I also have little confidence in their abilities. You would think this problem has occurred before and there is a logical next step. Any ideas? Thanks

chuckster57
06-05-2020, 11:36 AM
If the refer is on “auto” it should be operating on 110VAC, the “check” light should only come on if the LP flame fails to light. You need to figure out why the fridge switches to LP when in auto mode. Will it light and stay lit if I’m gas mode?

Mcfeeley
06-08-2020, 11:08 AM
Thanks for the response. Both refrigerators will run on gas when selected. I have noticed that the problem refrigerators fan comes on much sooner than the fully functioning refrigerator. When the outside temperature reaches 75+ the problem refrigerator will shut off with the auto light and check light lit. The inside light is off and will gradually warm up inside. I can reset it by pushing the on/off button. Most of the time it runs for awhile but will then shut off again.

chuckster57
06-08-2020, 11:44 AM
Control board?

JRTJH
06-08-2020, 11:50 AM
Control board or the electric heating element is out of position ??? My guess is, if the electric element is touching the side of the heat stack, it would cause the fan thermostat to get hotter than the other refrigerator's fan thermostat. That would cause the fan to come on earlier than the other refrigerator and would also cause the refrigerator to not cool well on electricity.