PDA

View Full Version : Location of Tools

mrollins12
06-05-2020, 08:31 AM
I just recently purchased a Keystone Hideout 28bhs. Where are the tools located to manually lower the electric tongue jack? We have looked everywhere. Thanks!

chuckster57
06-05-2020, 09:08 AM
If itís new and you just purchased it, you have a jack handle for the 4 corner stabilizers it also does the tongue jack.

If you purchased used from a dealer, I would ask for the jack handle, if you bought from a private party youíll probably have to buy one.

GaryUT
06-05-2020, 09:12 AM
I just recently purchased a Keystone Hideout 28bhs. Where are the tools located to manually lower the electric tongue jack? We have looked everywhere. Thanks!

If Keystone supply's them they are probably still at the dealer, I had to go back to get the crank for the spare tire and the flex shaft to manually retract the slides.

For the jacks and landing gear Lippert says to use an extension and a socket that they don't provide.

Gary

Bill-2020
06-05-2020, 07:35 PM
When we bought our Passport, I had to make them go get both the stabilizer and electric jack manual handles from other units during the PDI (you'd think the electric jack would be the standard 3/4" hex but no, its smaller), I got a look from the PDI guy over it, but it's only right to include them. After all, there's a spare tire but no jack or lug wrench are included.:banghead:

chuckster57
06-06-2020, 04:33 AM
When we bought our Passport, I had to make them go get both the stabilizer and electric jack manual handles from other units during the PDI (you'd think the electric jack would be the standard 3/4" hex but no, its smaller):

Depends on brand of jack. Lippert is 3/4Ē and I canít remember the brand that uses the small ( about 1/2Ē) handle.

Bill-2020
06-06-2020, 04:41 AM
Depends on brand of jack. Lippert is 3/4” and I can’t remember the brand that uses the small ( about 1/2”) handle.

Mine is a Lippert, small handle. (And so are the stabilizers for that matter, big handle.)

chuckster57
06-06-2020, 10:23 AM
Mine is a Lippert, small handle. (And so are the stabilizers for that matter, big handle.)
Just goes to show, the same company makes different stuff. The trailer I delivered yesterday has a Lippert "smart jack" and it takes the 3/4" jack handle.

Bill-2020
06-13-2020, 03:07 PM
Just goes to show, the same company makes different stuff. The trailer I delivered yesterday has a Lippert "smart jack" and it takes the 3/4" jack handle.

Chuck - I stand corrected, sir. Mine (it) is a 3/4" hex as you stated, it's the LCI stabilizers that are odd, roll pin, not a hex. My son-in-law's Salem Hemisphere has an odd brand electric jack that has the 1/2" hex you speak of. I can't remember the brand either.