PDA

View Full Version : Adding battery shunt / monitor

rabbit59
06-03-2020, 07:13 AM
So if I get this, I have a couple of questions. I probably need this as close as possible to battery?
My bed is over pass through and pass through is at front of trailer. First question, do you remove black insulation board underneath to access walls? How do you remove fasteners that hold black insulation board up? Do you drill new holes or follow existing wiring or water? If I drill holes to run shunt wires, did I void warranty that I have until fall? What shunt and monitor do you all like? Thanks all....

MarkEHansen
06-03-2020, 09:53 AM
The shunt is mounted near the battery. The monitor can be mounted where you like. There is a control wire that runs from the shunt to the monitor control.

I use the Victron BMV-712, as it provides bluetooth connectivity and a smart phone app which makes monitoring much easier.

As far as how to run the wire from the shunt to your desired monitor location, I can tell you what I did on my trailer, but that likely won't help much on yours.

Let me know if you have any questions and I'll do my best to answer.

GHen
06-04-2020, 09:42 PM
My son has the victron, expensive but it is amazing. If offers so much information. He gives it a big thumbs up. [emoji1303]