PDA

View Full Version : Crank window arm in dining slide

Campermike
06-01-2020, 05:28 PM
The left side arm broke it's attachment point to the pop out window in our dining room. I suspect it was this way when I got it but only just noticed it now. I will attach a pic to show it.. but since the metal attachment point broke in not sure what to do to fix it. It still opens and closes with only a tiny gap when closed on the broken side so not really causing issues yet... But I like things to work properly if possible.

travelin texans
06-01-2020, 08:16 PM
Picture not real clear, but HD or Lowe's has thin aluminum strap that's about 1/2" wide, I'd cut 2 pieces a couple inches long, sandwich the stripped hole between the 2 pieces with some JB Weld, re-drill the hole & either place the pin in the hole or drill it out & use a small bolt/but.

Campermike
06-06-2020, 06:02 PM
Today I fixed this. I wandered around Menards and found a mending brace kit with a 1/2"x2" brace and screws for it. The brace already has the screw holes drilled. I drilled a spot in the middle for the rivet. Then I drilled out the old rivet in the window arm. Drilled holes in the frame for the screws, attached the brace, then riveted the arm to the brace. After that had to do some minor "tweaks" to the frame so it would fit with the extra hardware on it. Now window is more stable and closes better with both arms attached. Total cost was around $2 for the hardware :)

chuckster57
06-06-2020, 06:24 PM
That’s great news! Sure beats the cost of a new window.