PDA

View Full Version : Galley tank vent on Cougar 367FLS

jlonginav
05-31-2020, 03:32 PM
The galley tank vent on the 367FLS is on the side wall just below the kitchen window. This is not ideal and allows fumes from the galley tank to gather under the sink.

Since I can find no way to reroute up thru the ceiling my question is What do you all add to your galley tank for oder control?

chuckster57
05-31-2020, 03:39 PM
If the kitchen sink has a P trap or HepVo valve, tank odors will not get into the coach. The vent should have some type of device to prevent it. If it’s not, then I would remove and inspect it.

hankpage
05-31-2020, 07:34 PM
For under $10 you can replace the mechanical vent under the sink. It should just screw off hand tight and is available at plumbing and home stores.

bobbecky
05-31-2020, 08:14 PM
It should look something like this: https://www.lowes.com/pd/Oatey-1-1-2-in-Plastic-Mechanical-plumbing-air-admittance-vent/1000939902

jlonginav
06-01-2020, 04:08 PM
There is a standard P Trap. The fumes are at their worst under the sink. I did see some areas around the PVC going down into the tank and out the side wall that can be filled in with foam sealer

Steveo57
06-01-2020, 05:17 PM
There is a standard P Trap. The fumes are at their worst under the sink. I did see some areas around the PVC going down into the tank and out the side wall that can be filled in with foam sealer

I'm not sure I understand what you are talking about. It sounds like you are saying the vent for the kitchen sink drain line is going out the side of the trailer? That doesn't sound right. If it's not plumbed in to the roof vent then you should have an air admittance valve under the sink as mentioned above.

Here's a picture of mine. The air admittance valve is that little stub against the wall. Sorry the picture is rotated wrong. The valve just screws in and might be loose or maybe it's missing. Easy to replace.