PDA

View Full Version : How to keep hangers on pole

Cougar Jim
05-30-2020, 12:30 PM
22RBS Half Ton Cougar

Looking for ideas to keep clothes and hangers from coming off the clothes pole in the rear closet. :banghead:

TIA,

tech740
05-30-2020, 12:32 PM
22RBS Half Ton Cougar

Looking for ideas to keep clothes and hangers from coming off the clothes pole in the rear closet. :banghead:

TIA,

Put the hangers on the pole backwards. Meaning hook them from the rear of the closet. Fixed the issue for me.

Cougar Jim
08-29-2020, 07:52 AM
R J,

Thanks for the cure ������

Willie & Bev
08-29-2020, 08:38 AM
I got two spring loaded curtain rods from Walmart and fitted them in each closet. Works great as long as we remember to push them down on the hangers before we take off.

JRTJH
08-29-2020, 10:26 AM
We use wire hangers (think dry cleaner type) and just squeeze the hook so it fits closer to the closet rod. As for keeping clothes on the hanger, I haven't yet found anything that will actually keep a shirt from "jiggling off the hanger" except to maybe staple it in place, or use a couple of safety pins through the shirt and hanger.... I just figure that if it's that important that it not fall off the hanger, take it out of the closet and lay it on the bed during towing, then hang it up at the destination... Nothing that I can think of in my trailer "deserves" that kind of care.... so, we just squeeze the cheap hangers so they can't fall off the rod and pick up shirts that happen to slip off during towing.

All that said, the way DW "overpacks everything like there's no stores after we leave home" the closets are usually so full, nothing can shift or fall anyway... :whistling:

flybouy
08-29-2020, 10:37 AM
All that said, the way DW "overpacks everything like there's no stores after we leave home" the closets are usually so full, nothing can shift or fall anyway... :whistling:[/QUOTE]

Sounds like she may be related to my wife!:lol:

QCMan
08-29-2020, 01:27 PM
Another possible fix: the ever-useful pool noodle! Slice it open, make it the same length As the rod and pop it over the top of the hangers so it clamps them onto the rod. Part of it on the rod, part on the hanger. Can't say it works on all campers but most of the time it works. Cheap try and you will probably have plenty left to make a microwave prop to keep the dish and roller in place.

sourdough
08-29-2020, 01:40 PM
We've not had issues with hangers falling off the rod (probably due to the "tight packing" mentioned above) but we have had issues with clothes coming off the hanger from time to time. DW got some hangers (don't know where) that actually have a thin foam wrapping over the top of the hanger. It is very clingy to the fabric of the clothes and pretty much keeps them on their hanger.

slow
08-29-2020, 02:19 PM
These solve the problem: https://www.amazon.ca/Tri-Lynx-1200W-Lynx-Stay-Put-Hanger/dp/B000NJ97C0

skids
08-29-2020, 05:35 PM
We have closed loop hangers and don’t like them. It is hard to put clothes on the hangers.

LHaven
08-29-2020, 11:18 PM
Put the hangers on the pole backwards. Meaning hook them from the rear of the closet. Fixed the issue for me.

Yup, this is "maintenance method zero" for this problem. Didn't work worth squat in our last rig; hasn't failed yet in our current one. All depends where the closet is and which way it faces, I'm guessing.

As far as the clothes leaving the hangers, for extended trips we have enough clothes so that the friction between them keeps them honest. For short trips with fewer clothes, we'll stuff a suitable size empty box at one end to push them together.