PDA

View Full Version : Low drains are backwards.

JGEORGE
05-29-2020, 03:28 PM
Our 2020 Bullet low water drains are backwards. Red hose drains cold water, blue hose has hot water coming out. Not a big inconvenience, but how hard would it be to fix? Is the point where the connect easy to access? Trailer does have under belly covered. Can i get to it by accessing the hot water tank area? Going to be taking a look at this weekend I think. Thanks,

Eastham
05-29-2020, 04:08 PM
2 cans of spray paint 1red one blue.

JGEORGE
05-29-2020, 04:12 PM

:lol: yep I'm quick fix kinda guy, so that will probably be what I do.

Maineiacs
05-29-2020, 04:23 PM
Why bother? Never heard of anyone opening only one low point drain.

CedarCreekWoody
05-29-2020, 04:35 PM

Yes, this. Just leave it.

JGEORGE
05-29-2020, 04:42 PM
Yes, this. Just leave it.

Probally will, doesn't really bother me. Just though it was kinda funny.

notanlines
05-30-2020, 12:48 AM
Better change that 'probably' to 'definitely.' The very last thing you need to do is mess with the liner on the bottom. What was said above is all true. Funny I guess, but better to spend your "I'm driven to fix something" wiping on shiny tire coating like the kids.

Bill-2020
05-30-2020, 07:51 PM

Until someone is working on it, and needs to drain just the cold side for some reason... and it just so happens that the water heater was on... they ~could~ get scalded with what they thought was going to be cold water. I say this because it's happened in a house.

LHaven
05-30-2020, 11:00 PM
Do what electricians do -- put a wrap of the correct-colored tape on the bottom few inches.

JGEORGE
05-31-2020, 05:42 AM
Do what electricians do -- put a wrap of the correct-colored tape on the bottom few inches.

Thats what I ended up doing. Quick and easy fix.

skids
06-06-2020, 05:49 AM

I like the way you think! :D

skids
06-06-2020, 05:51 AM

That would be me as well. When you winterize, open them both up regardless of color.

larryflew
06-11-2020, 07:39 AM
12 years of both white. Still don't care as I have never needed to open just one. Might do the paint or tape ideas for next owner of it the DW ever needs to know.

neveser
06-11-2020, 07:50 AM
If you needed, you could pull out a sharpie. One strategically placed "C" and another strategically placed "H" and you're covered! :)

flybouy
06-11-2020, 09:16 AM
Mine are not red and blue but both opaque. I have never had, nor seen the need to drain just one line. If I were so inclined as to want to drain one line and and feared getting scalded then it would appear to me to abundantly clear that logic would dictate that I touch each line. The line that's the warmest would be the hot one.

Am I missing something?

RWRiley
06-11-2020, 10:10 AM
My black and grey tanks are labeled backwards. 2019 Bullet Premier.

RangerFred
06-11-2020, 01:30 PM
Perhaps I’m alone this, but I label most things with a P-touch labeler. Seems a good solution for the drain issue.

Maybe some day my wife will need to help me with something on the RV and the labels will be vital. In the meantime, I no longer need to tell her which switches are for slide-outs, exterior lights or for awning extending/retracting.

CWtheMan
06-11-2020, 04:30 PM
The low point drain hoses on our Everest were the same color. I painted the cap on the fresh water one blue. I also carried a spare.

In all the years we owned the Everest I never used the hot water low point drain. At lease once a year I drained the fresh water tank and treated it with a recommended bleach solution. Our average load for that tank was 5-7 gallons, so the only time it was at 100% capacity was for treatment.

jimborokz
06-12-2020, 03:17 AM
Perhaps I’m alone this, but I label most things with a P-touch labeler. Seems a good solution for the drain issue.

Maybe some day my wife will need to help me with something on the RV and the labels will be vital. In the meantime, I no longer need to tell her which switches are for slide-outs, exterior lights or for awning extending/retracting.

You're no alone. I had to relabel my grey and black tanks that the factory had reversed. Did not want to leave that one to guess work.

Ironhawg
06-12-2020, 04:41 AM
My black and grey tanks are labeled backwards. 2019 Bullet Premier.

The black and grey 1 on our High Country was labeled backwards too. We found out the first time at the dump station. I am the proud owner of a new labeler.