PDA

View Full Version : Slideout topper passport 34mb

iroc454
05-27-2020, 08:33 AM
Has anyone successfully installed a slide-out topper on a 2018 passport 34mb? I bought 3 slide-out awnings from lippert and on the rear slidout on left side there is a vent on the top and bottom of the slide where the fridge is. however with this vent on top it is only an 1" from the top of the slidout frame. my question is how do you attach the bracket that is supposed to go into the top corner of the slidout to hold the awning?? any help much appreciated.

iroc454
06-13-2020, 04:07 AM
Has anyone successfully installed a slide-out topper on a 2018 passport 34mb? I bought 3 slide-out awnings from lippert and on the rear slidout on left side there is a vent on the top and bottom of the slide where the fridge is. however with this vent on top it is only an 1" from the top of the slidout frame. my question is how do you attach the bracket that is supposed to go into the top corner of the slidout to hold the awning?? any help much appreciated.

No ideas? Anyone

chuckster57
06-13-2020, 05:10 AM
Just saw this. We have moved the brackets to the bottom edge of the flange. You’ll have to move the awning rail if you don’t have the proper slope.

iroc454
06-15-2020, 05:24 AM
Just saw this. We have moved the brackets to the bottom edge of the flange. You’ll have to move the awning rail if you don’t have the proper slope.

If I'm understanding you correctly, instead of mounting the backets just below the flange, I should mount to the actual flange? It just seems like the bracket would just pul out of the flange or bend it? Would u have a pic where ur brackets are? Thanks for ur input

JRTJH
06-15-2020, 06:39 AM
I think what Chuck is referring to is mounting the bracket "on the flange" but through the aluminum framework of the slideout, to which the flange is mounted) so in essence, you're mounting it to the slideout frame, through the flange... He's not (IMHO) referring to actually bolting the bracket to the thin plastic flange above the slide body...

An alternative is to position the bracket over the upper refrigerator vent, mark it where the bracket sits over it, then remove the vent, CAREFULLY cut away the part that the bracket sits on top of the vent, reinstall the vent and then install the bracket. You may have to "glue the vent door into the frame along that edge, but since the upper vent door is seldom removed, it wouldn't matter that it's "semi-permanently secured in place. This option would provide the most "like the original intent" for mounting.

sourdough
06-15-2020, 07:42 AM
I think I would go trimming the vent cover. I went out and looked at mine and the brackets are about 2" in height. If you have 1" available under the lip of the flange you would need an additional inch off the vent cover. Just cut out to fit around the bracket and seal. I would think that would come out being where it is supposed to be and like it was meant to be there.

chuckster57
06-15-2020, 08:57 AM
I have mounted the brackets on the bottom edge of the top flange, that uses the frame of the slide. I don’t have pics because that was customer units a year or so ago.

iroc454
08-10-2020, 01:38 AM
I have mounted the brackets on the bottom edge of the top flange, that uses the frame of the slide. I don’t have pics because that was customer units a year or so ago.

Thanks Chuck. That's what I did and everything is good .