PDA

View Full Version : 2018 Loredo 325RL Furnace Fan

Sjbekwils
05-25-2020, 09:38 PM
Can someone tell me how and where to access the furnace in my 2018 Loredo 325RL? My furnace fan runs continually until i pull the fuse. Thermostat switch makes no difference.

Frank G
05-26-2020, 01:02 AM
In the basement, remove the side panel(s), on the left rear side. They are screwed on. The heater is aft of the water compartment stuff and water pump. The water heater is on the other side so it will be a tight squeeze to get to the furnace. Be ready to do a cleanout as all of the construction stuff and dust was left behind. Since you are under there, there should be a strainer on the inlet side of the water pump. You might want to clean it out.

Give a report back and how you do. Some pictures would be great.

Best of luck.

Sjbekwils
06-14-2020, 01:48 PM
I got in the basement, found the furnace, and cleaned out the construction debris. Thanks for the heads up!

Still can’t understand why the furnace fan runs continuously? Have all the wires off the thermostat and the fan still runs. Only way to get it off is pull the 15A DC fuse.

When I had the thermostat hooked up, I could index to heat and get the burner to fire. Also switch to cooling and brought AC on. Unfortunately the furnace fan runs at the same time.

Any ideas please?

Frank G
06-14-2020, 10:50 PM
It sounds like the relay controlling the fan is stuck closed.

On the unit, by law, there are electrical schematics for the unit. Having never messed with the Atwood heater I have no idea as to how to access the control board for troubleshooting. Trekwood RV Parts shows a new control board for $317.00 and a new furnace for $573.00. Ouch. Did you look at the Atwood warrantee?

Sjbekwils
06-15-2020, 07:17 AM
Thanks for the idea! Might be a fan relay on the control board. I’ve not made the journey into the abyss yet to pull the control board out. I’m a fairly big guy and wasn’t looking forward to it, but will. I was thinking that it was some kinda high limit temp sensor in the ductwork to dissipate heat when the furnace turns off that was keeping the fan on. I was looking for schematic in all my manuals but couldn’t find anything. I’ll look on the control cabinet. Good idea.

I will let you know how it goes and I will send pics.

Frank G
06-15-2020, 03:51 PM
Read the thread titled; accessing the sail switch and circuit board. It appears you have to remove the unit to service it. Second Ouch!