PDA

View Full Version : 2020 Keystone Raptor Black Tank Drain

Rob 1204
05-25-2020, 06:31 PM
I have a 2020 Raptor 413 with two bathrooms can anyone tell me if the front or rear holding tank drain is the black holding tank drain.

chuckster57
05-25-2020, 06:49 PM
If you have 2 bathrooms you probably have 2 separate black tanks. How many drain handles do you have?

Dennis852
05-25-2020, 09:15 PM
There will be 2 separate drain handles. The master bed toilet drain is in the control center and the rear bath is located toward the rear on the frame. There should be 2 small stickers indicating where the drains are located.

I have also noticed that the garage sink shares a holding tank with the toilet, the second gray drain valve is for the kitchen sink and the master shower and sink get their own grey tank along with the master toilet. So this mean you will drain your master from the control center and the kitchen and rear toilet from the additional drain handles located on the frame.

This could also vary depending on how they hooked it together but these were my findings from filling each one separately.

Rob 1204
05-26-2020, 02:24 AM
I have 1 marked Black and 1 marked Grey

JRTJH
05-26-2020, 04:59 AM
Rob,

The way RV toilets are installed and the way RV plumbing is built, each toilet MUST have a "direct dump from the toilet to the tank". There is no way to provide a "drain slope" from the rear toilet to the front tank. You have two black tanks, one for each toilet and a dump valve for each tank.

If you look behind your roadside slide, you'll find a second sewer outlet for the rear black tank. Just above that outlet, either just forward or slightly aft of that outlet, on the frame rail, you'll find the valve handle.

Now, for me, the question would be this: Does the washer drain into the black tank or does it "dump directly to the ground" ??? If the washer dumps into the black tank, you will have to "very VERY carefully monitor that tank. The very last thing you want to happen is for the washer to overflow the black tank by pumping water into it and have the toilet seals, either at the floor where the toilet is mounted or the ball seal, that holds water in the toilet to be "pressurized by black tank contents" and literally "explode into the aft bathroom" spilling black tank contents all over your RV interior.....

Dennis852
05-26-2020, 07:00 AM
We have a 2018 Raptor 353TS with two bath rooms set up differently from any already described. Our system is easier to understand if set up in chart form, as follows:
https://www.keystoneforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=27584&stc=1&d=1590500699

Items to note:
Rear bathroom sink does NOT drain into toilet; it is linked to the kitchen sink. The tank valve is AFT of the axles, but the system is plumbed to drain forward into the forward 3" drain. I have added valves at the end of both 3" drain pipes - I call them my "last chance" valves. Rear 3" drain is only for rear toilet (Black #2). Rear Black Tank #2 city water flush is oddly placed on the CURB side just forward of the main cabin door. We have never used the washer/dryer hookups so I have no idea where that system drains.
I can't attest that your 413 will be identical, so you should check this out by running only one feature at a time and see where the water goes.

This is completely different than the 2020 356 that I have. There is only one 3” drain for all 4 tanks. The flush locations are the same and our garage sink definitely shares a tank with the garage toilet. This was one of the first things that I checked but I feel that they did a good job with the plumbing on my 2020. The 2 gray tanks used the most are independent of each other and that was my biggest concern.

Dennis852
05-26-2020, 07:07 AM
I have 1 marked Black and 1 marked Grey

Yes that would be correct. You have 4 tanks. Most likely the control center will drain your master bedroom grey and black tank and the 2 valves located on the frame will drain your kitchen and rear bathroom. I would suggest running your sink, shower and toilets to see which tanks they drain into.

Rob 1204
05-26-2020, 04:27 PM
Both of my drain handles are in the control center. I didn’t notice if I have any drain handles under the camper. I an still trying to find out if my tanks are marked properly, the front drain it marked Grey Tank and the back drain is marked Black Tank. When I had the Handle pulled for the Black Tank to drain it I had the water running for the tank flush it seemed to be coming out of the Grey Drain

K_N_L
05-26-2020, 07:46 PM
Don’t be surprised if black and grey handles are mislabeled. Many are backwards from from the factory. Does the in-command system show 2 black tanks levels? Rear tank handles are typically mounted on the frame around the axles.

mikz86ta
05-27-2020, 03:27 AM
Yes that would be correct. You have 4 tanks. Most likely the control center will drain your master bedroom grey and black tank and the 2 valves located on the frame will drain your kitchen and rear bathroom. I would suggest running your sink, shower and toilets to see which tanks they drain into.

This is exactly how our 2016 Fuzion 420 is.

AGTORG
05-27-2020, 02:44 PM
This is exactly how our 2016 Fuzion 420 is.

Same here for my 2020 Raptor 415. You will have 4 drain handles total. Two behind the door where the water fill is, and two under the slide coming out of the frame. Surprised the dealer didn't run through this with you.