PDA

View Full Version : Small delamination

JBWardFamily
05-23-2020, 05:46 PM
Hi all. I’ve got a small area of delamination above the stove vent in my ‘17 33MLS that likely came from a leak in the roof at some point. We bought it used a month ago and we are finding the issues now as usual I know I need to re-seal the roof area above it after fixing it. What is the best epoxy to use when repairing it? Thanks.

chuckster57
05-23-2020, 05:49 PM
Dicor self leveling on the horizontal surface and non self leveling in the vertical surfaces.

JBWardFamily
05-23-2020, 05:51 PM
Thanks. What epoxy is best for the delamination repair?

chuckster57
05-23-2020, 05:54 PM
Unfortunately I don’t think your going to fix that without major surgery.

sourdough
05-23-2020, 05:56 PM
Pics would help.

JBWardFamily
05-23-2020, 06:36 PM
I’ll be able to get some pics up tomorrow. It’s not a big area (maybe about 6 inches by a foot), but I know if it isn’t corrected soon it will cancer out. The surface underneath isn’t soft, but I’m sure it has been in the past. What material is in the walls of a Cougar?

JRTJH
05-23-2020, 06:57 PM
Are you describing this 6"x12" area that's outside, on the FILON (fiberglass) exterior or are you describing a section of the interior wall (above the stove vent) that's luan paneling?

Hblick48
05-24-2020, 06:17 AM
I remember seeing an online article about a company that injectes a resin into the delaminated luan and then somehow hold the damaged area in the correct position until the resin cures. Might be worth a Google search.

JBWardFamily
05-24-2020, 02:33 PM
Are you describing this 6"x12" area that's outside, on the FILON (fiberglass) exterior or are you describing a section of the interior wall (above the stove vent) that's luan paneling?

Here are a couple of pics. I'm sure there was some water seepage from the roof and I'll be fixing that as well. You'd think that 3 years isn't enough time for this to happen.

flybouy
05-25-2020, 12:01 PM
Here are a couple of pics. I'm sure there was some water seepage from the roof and I'll be fixing that as well. You'd think that 3 years isn't enough time for this to happen.

I'm guessing the mfg thinks it can happen in 3 MONTHS as they say check the roof seams every 90 days. You bought a camper that you tow across our wonderfully smooth highways at high speed then beat up the roof with tree limbs along the way. Your lucky if that's all the damage if you have not maintained it in 3 years.