PDA

View Full Version : 2016 bullet

Lous53
05-21-2020, 02:05 PM
I decided to purchase 2016 bullet 20 foot used. I was on private land and filled the water tank. My pump ran fine until the water level dropped then it stays on. Could it be I need new out side cap? No leaks that I could find inside or out.
Thank You,
LouAnn

skids
05-21-2020, 02:50 PM
I wonder if a check valve failed. Is the water flowing through any faucets, toilet valve, or other to make the pump keep working?

Does the flow volume seem normal out of a faucet?

Check the inlet to the pump to make sure a hose didn't come off at the inlet side. If the antifreeze valve is still switched on (or partially) the pump will suck air and not reach shut-off pressure.

flybouy
05-21-2020, 03:14 PM
I decided to purchase 2016 bullet 20 foot used. I was on private land and filled the water tank. My pump ran fine until the water level dropped then it stays on. Could it be I need new out side cap? No leaks that I could find inside or out.
Thank You,
LouAnn

If the water level in the tank is lower than the pump pickup tube than it will just suck air and never shut off. Have you tried adding water to the tank?

Lous53
05-25-2020, 05:41 AM
If the water level in the tank is lower than the pump pickup tube than it will just suck air and never shut off. Have you tried adding water to the tank?

The water is full. Used some water then the pump shut off. Then when used water again the pump didn’t shut off.s it was still full.

Lous53
05-25-2020, 05:45 AM
I will check the the antifreeze value.Is that on pump? I do not have any leaks in hoses or faucets.
Thank you

skids
05-25-2020, 06:13 AM
I just took my flojet apart and pulled lots of white plastic bits (from hole saw?) out of the diaphragms. I installed it and it was cycling on and off again. Then I opened all of the taps to reduce all resistance to flow and switched on the pump. All is well now.

skids
05-25-2020, 06:54 AM
I will check the the antifreeze value.Is that on pump? I do not have any leaks in hoses or faucets.
Thank you

Typically they are installed very near the pump on the hose from the fresh water tank. If your pumps check valve is leaking, you will hear the water flowing backwards through the pump each time it shuts off. Also, it that is happening, when you hook up city water supply, it will leak through the pump and eventually overflow the fresh water tank. read the previous post as it might be an easy fix to run all the taps and clear the pump.

travelin texans
05-25-2020, 08:06 AM
The water is full. Used some water then the pump shut off. Then when used water again the pump didn’t shut off.s it was still full.

Just because the gauge indicates the tank is full DOES NOT necessarily mean it's full, those are known to to be inaccurate regarding all your holding tanks.