PDA

View Full Version : Living room slide leaking-- no one can find it!

clynn8407
05-19-2020, 09:54 AM
We purchased a 2019 keystone outback 330rl in March and for some reason the slide on the living room (the side with the tv in it) is leaking ONLY when the slide is closed. Here is the problem, no one can find this leak! We have tried to duplicate it and it is currently back at the dealership for the second time trying to figure out what this leak is but they can't find it either. The carpet on the slide is not wet only the floor under where the slide was sitting when it was in. Is anyone else having this problem or does anyone have any idea's on where it could be coming from? I appreciate any help anyone may have! Thank you!

ajlight
05-19-2020, 04:06 PM
Do you defrost the outside kitchen refrigerator before you put the slide in?? We had a 330rl Laredo and you have to defrost the refrigerator before you leave and dry it out,

Steveo57
05-19-2020, 07:49 PM
Is the bottom of the slide floor covered in darco? Water could be wicking in around the bottom edge of the slide wall and getting in to the floor between the darco and the floor. Then when the slide is closed it slowly weeps out.

Big 417
05-20-2020, 03:29 PM
Could have a saggy slide roof. If it tilts in and your seals aren't great it could run in. Get slide toppers, great investment. If you get water after towing in the rain, not uncommon. These things aren't exactly water tight. Wait till you try a dusty road ��

clynn8407
05-21-2020, 07:03 AM
We leave it plugged in so the fridge never goes off - it is connected to the house power.

clynn8407
05-21-2020, 07:21 AM
I don't know what darco is but will ask my husband and have him look.... Thanks! I was looking at the slide toppers- it is always parked when the water gets in so it is driving me crazy trying to trace this ghost of a leak. I appreciate ya'll help!

Logan X
05-21-2020, 07:46 AM
Darco looks kind of like plastic tarp material. It’s black.

mikeaxt
10-24-2020, 10:30 AM
Did you find your leak? We have a 2018 328RL. It leaked from the Fridge slide(slide with the TV on) within 2 months. They said it was the refrigerator seals which were fixed then. It then did not leak for a year but now we have had leaks both with slide in and slide out. Cabinets are buckling, carpet is stained and musty. Dealer has now cut the floor and underbelly and found no water damage under the floor. Keystone refuses to do anything about it because no damage under vinyl flooring. This $40,000 camper is now a piece of crap........I will be trying to get keystone to do something. If not, I would not buy Keystone again........if this is what they think is good workmanship, SAD! Has anyone experienced this?

mikeaxt
10-24-2020, 10:33 AM
ajlight - Do you have any issues with your 328RL? We have a 2018 that is leaking from fridge slide, not exactly sure where. Keystone will not help!

ajlight
10-24-2020, 03:14 PM
We have not had any leaks so far.

rhagfo
10-24-2020, 04:12 PM
Have you checked the slide seals, and how tight the slide seals to the sidewall, and does it stay tight?

I am not talking the wiper seals, I am referring to the bulb seals around the slide edge.

Eastham
10-24-2020, 04:46 PM
Is it possible that a window or the slide roof is leaking and running between the walls and when you put the slide in it is finding it way out and under the slide and on the floor.

rhagfo
10-25-2020, 04:14 AM
How about some pictures of the outside of the closed slide?