PDA

View Full Version : Used Springdale water heater flush

dkonrai
05-18-2020, 03:29 PM
First off, noob owner. 2008 Springdale 189.
Water heater would trip the breaker when I flipped the switch. So today I pulled the element and anode. Wow never seen so much stuff. Almost looks like salt? Element was bad, new replacement was 8.00. cleaned the anode and reused it.
Flushed the tank for about 5 minutes and behold all the white stuff. I just used a sprayer on the end of my hose.

flybouy
05-18-2020, 03:39 PM
Looks typical of a poorly maintained wh. The anode is sacrificial and releases the sink. That and the minerals in the water will settle out to the bottom and adhere to the metal of the electrode. This is why you should flush your wh regularly. By the way, same thing happens in your house, just on a larger scale. (pun intended).

dkonrai
05-18-2020, 05:30 PM
Looks typical of a poorly maintained wh. The anode is sacrificial and releases the sink. That and the minerals in the water will settle out to the bottom and adhere to the metal of the electrode. This is why you should flush your wh regularly. By the way, same thing happens in your house, just on a larger scale. (pun intended).Lol good pun.
Yes I need to drain and flush our home water heater now. It's been a few years.