PDA

View Full Version : Stickers peeling

lorigeg
10-17-2011, 08:16 PM
Hi,
I have a 2009 Keystone Sprinter toy hauler. Basically every one of my stickers are peeling off. The camper is 2 years old. Keystone has agreed to send me the stickers, but I now have to pay $1500 to have them replaced. They tell me there's a 1 year warranty & that's it. They do not stand behind their product at all & will not admit that the stickers are defective. I pulled into my dealerships service lot to pick up my camper Friday & saw 2 other Sprinters with the exact same issue, but they are claiming it's not defective?? Since I have gotten my camper I have had leaking issues in several locations, motorized awning is not closing properly, bathtub enclosure has cracked, soft spot on the floor, drawers do not work properly and if you try to use the metal "legs" that are supposed to attach to the toy hauler door, you just end up cracking off the plastic clips.
I am upset because Keystone does not see this sticker issue as a big deal.

JRTJH
10-18-2011, 06:18 AM
Good Morning and welcome to Keystone RV forum. I see this is your first post and it concerns an "age old" problem for ALL RV's, not just Keystone. Do a search (use the search tab on the header line) for "decal" and you'll find a large amount of information available for your review.

Don't think that you're alone, RV's from all manufacturers have decal peeling problems. Fortunately, Keystone addresses the problem by providing replacement decals "out of warranty" for many owners. Other RV manufacturers are not as generous with "out of warranty" problems.

You should be happy that you're in the group that Keystone helped. Expecting any company to provide "warranty" work after the warranty period is expecting quite a bit from a company charged with making a profit for the investors. I sense you're angry at this time, but living in the Southeast where UV rays are so damaging is one of the problems you'll face with any RV. In fact, you'll face the sun fade, brittle surface, flaking and powdered surface not only on your RV, but also on your home, its shingles, the lawn furniture, vinyl tops on cars, awnings, shutters, vinyl fences, bicycle seats, and a host of other UV damaged items. Maybe it's one of the hazards of living in such a "sun rich" environment? I know, I lived in Alexandria, LA for almost 30 years and lost a lot of property to the sun :rolleyes:

Again, welcome to the forum and be happy, replace your decals, it's not that difficult to do (check our forums for information on how) and use that camper. Fall is a beautiful time to camp in Louisiana. :thumbsup:

ftwildernessguy
10-22-2011, 03:25 PM
It seems with all the other problems you list, the peeling sticker issue is minor. Personally, I can't believe the number of people who get upset over this issue. Every trailer I have owned has ended up with peeling stickers on the front. I figure as long as the heating system works, the roof doesn't leak, the plumbing is sound and the electrical system is in order, I'm not gonna worry if my front sticker is peeling.

JRTJH
10-23-2011, 06:47 AM
It seems with all the other problems you list, the peeling sticker issue is minor. Personally, I can't believe the number of people who get upset over this issue. Every trailer I have owned has ended up with peeling stickers on the front. I figure as long as the heating system works, the roof doesn't leak, the plumbing is sound and the electrical system is in order, I'm not gonna worry if my front sticker is peeling.

Couldn't have said it better :)

I spent a large portion of my career working in the Operating Room. Every surgeon will tell you that their "signature" is the scar. It's the only "visible" part of his work the patient can see. Apparently, "decals are Keystone's signature" LOL I guess it doesn't matter what works or not as long as it looks pretty <wink> :rofl: