PDA

View Full Version : Lci wireless remote

Ribtip
05-15-2020, 11:22 AM
Has anyone added any functions to their remote. I know how to do it but im afraid by doing it it will erase something else or jack up something. Has anyone done this

chuckster57
05-15-2020, 11:45 AM
Which remote? I would assume you would have to add the function to the base unit also.

Ribtip
05-15-2020, 12:05 PM
This one here. I downloaded the manual for it and adding doesn't seem that hard but i was just wondering if i had to relearn everything that was on it in the first place. I see my control board has functions 6 7 and 8 empty.

Ribtip
05-15-2020, 12:05 PM
Maybe just 7 and 8 cant remember now

Ribtip
05-15-2020, 12:08 PM
Just wanted to add some lights outside under the camper or something. I don't know this no camping covid is killing me.

JRTJH
05-15-2020, 05:16 PM
With the "essentially zero support" from Keystone and the "limited support" from LCI due to the closures/pandemic, I'd be extremely reluctant to start "modifying something that's working" when there's significant doubt whether the system can support the updates without some possible interventions from LCI... If it were me, I'd install lights under the trailer with a switch in the front passthrough with the intention of "connecting them and that manual switch to the remote "some day later when things get back to normal"... Now is not the time to start a project that may cause something else to fail with little or no "manufacturer's support available"...

Ribtip
05-15-2020, 05:35 PM
Lol that is exactly what im worried about. As far as it looks in the manual it dosen't seem that hard to do. But it is not clear if its a total redo or just adding a function and everything else stays as is. Im going to shoot lci a email just to see what info i can get.