PDA

View Full Version : Small puddle under dometic toilet

Full Timer
05-13-2020, 02:40 PM
We have a new residence 401flft and the toilet is leaving small puddle under the dometic toilet in different spots. Have seen half dollar size at rear of toilet and about 4 inch size puddle at front of toilet. Only shows up about every other day. I check it and can never see any water come from toilet.

Also, has a water dispenser at the kitchen sink that will leave a small puddle under it on the counter. But, never see it actually leak.

Has anyone every experience these problems? Water pressure issue? Regulator is set at 50 psi.

Scratching my head.

chuckster57
05-13-2020, 05:36 PM
Welcome to the forum!!

50 PSI is about the top limit IMO. Most water pumps run about 45, maybe back yours off to that and see what happens.

Full Timer
05-15-2020, 02:35 AM
I adjusted regulator to 45 psi yesterday. Haven’t seen no puddles as of yet. See if anything shows up this weekend. Keep you posted.

JRTJH
05-15-2020, 07:50 AM
The toilet flush valve has a "snap lock" to hold it in position on the foot pedal assembly. There are two screws to secure it in place. Sometimes one or both of those screws are overlooked. That may be a source of a "high pressure leak".. Additionally, there is a "freeze dimple" on the flush valve body. It is "IN" if there is no freeze damage and "OUT" if there has been internal freezing of the valve body. Since it's "just now leaking" there may have been some freeze damage to the valve body this past winter.

Both situations, missing/loose screws and the freeze damage indicator (dimple) should be checked, just in case.....