PDA

View Full Version : theater seating

Joehiker
05-11-2020, 01:55 PM
Want to replace sleep sofa with theater seating recliner. My slide out is narrow
(about 28") theater seating that i have found requires more floor space (around
38"). Can i somehow make it work. My camper is a cooper canyon sprinter 2013 model 333fwfls

chuckster57
05-11-2020, 02:10 PM
Welcome to the forum!!!
10 inches is quite a bit, how much room is there with the slide closed?

Joehiker
05-11-2020, 02:18 PM
I'm thinking of putting something under seating frame to support it.
We have a seasonal site and currently do not
travel with it. There would be plenty of room with recliner in the recline position in front.

chuckster57
05-11-2020, 03:14 PM
I guess all you need is something to take up the gap at the main floor. I would probably use some wood.

JRTJH
05-11-2020, 04:38 PM
If it's going to be stationary and all you're trying to do is level the front side of the theater seating, why not cut some wood blocks to attach under the front legs, much like putting blocks under the tires on the low side of a travel trailer ???

Joehiker
05-11-2020, 04:47 PM
Thanks! Was thinking there might be a roller or similar add-on for this but your idea sounds good. Thanks again. Joe P.S. Thanks for welcoming me to the web sight.

JRTJH
05-11-2020, 04:54 PM
Thanks! Was thinking there might be a roller or similar add-on for this but your idea sounds good. Thanks again. Joe P.S. Thanks for welcoming me to the web sight.

I don't think there's an easy "roller assembly". At least I've never seen one that's designed for universal use... If you're wanting something that "glides/slides easily" you might consider putting a couple of those tan EZ GLIDE furniture movers under the wood blocks. Glue them in place and they'll "slip and slide with the best of 'em"....

Joehiker
05-11-2020, 04:57 PM
Thanks again! I will try the blocks and go from there.