PDA

View Full Version : 2017 laredo 298srl auto level

timone
05-10-2020, 10:32 AM
Hello all , i,m looking to purchase this keystone laredo 298srl and have a question about this lippert auto level system which also runs the front landing jacks that either puts it on or off the truck . What do you do if this system fails . Is there a manual overide ? I don,t see a place to incert a jack handle or do i see a jack handle . Are you stuck with this 5th on your truck or are you not able to hook back up ? That would not be good if your trying to leave a campground or trying to start your vacation .

chuckster57
05-10-2020, 10:40 AM
I am assuming your LCI autolevel is the Ground Control 3.0 electric. There is a rubber boot on the top and bottom of each jack gear box. 5/16" driver will operate it from the bottom. If you use a cordless drill gun, run it on high speed and have at least 2 fully charged batteries if you have to do all of them.

Ground control is VOLTAGE sensitive, Meaning if you start auto level with less than 12.7VDC showing on the control panel it will most likely fail and go into Fault mode. NOT GOOD, so before starting ANY ACTION with the panel make sure your either plugged into the TV with the engine running or shore power. Hope this answers your question. When you understand the little quirk this system is excellent!!

timone
05-10-2020, 01:31 PM
Okay , i,m not sure if is the ground control 3.0 but if it is that means you would need two drills going at the same time to run both landing jacks in order to hook up or to unhook . Is this right ?

chuckster57
05-10-2020, 02:16 PM
You could go back and forth, moving each jack a little bit.

Canonman
05-10-2020, 03:18 PM
Okay , i,m not sure if is the ground control 3.0 but if it is that means you would need two drills going at the same time to run both landing jacks in order to hook up or to unhook . Is this right ?

No, not two drills going at the same time. What Chuck meant (I think) is that it takes a while to either retract or extend the jacks using a drill motor even at high speed. You might need two or more batteries.

chuckster57
05-10-2020, 03:51 PM
No, not two drills going at the same time. What Chuck meant (I think) is that it takes a while to either retract or extend the jacks using a drill motor even at high speed. You might need two or more batteries.

I did say multiple batteries. The jacks move slowly, even if the driver is on high.