PDA

View Full Version : Sanitizing Water Issue

Richeyb
05-10-2020, 10:06 AM
Unwintetizing HC380 and pumped bleach solution into fresh water tank using the service center City water/tank connection. Selecting “trank” and pumped in about 5 gallons of bleach solution and they continued to add water. CheckEd level of the fresh water tank — it showed empty but B1 tank showed 3/4 full. (It was drained empty during winterization). I checked and toilet wasn’t flushing. I stopped water and checked draining Black Tank, definitely bleach smell, very clean black tank!

Any ideas??

NH_Bulldog
05-10-2020, 10:15 AM
The only way I can see for fresh water to get into the black tank is either through the toilet or the black tank flush connection.

Ruko
05-10-2020, 10:26 AM
The only way I can see for fresh water to get into the black tank is either through the toilet or the black tank flush connection.

This is the most likely cause. Double check to make sure you had the hose on the correct connection. I would guess you hooked up to the black tank flush by mistake. BTW, many service centers are not labeled clearly or correctly.

Customer1
05-10-2020, 05:02 PM
Like said, it sounds like you were connected to the black tank flush.

Cbrez
05-11-2020, 06:25 PM
For our Montana, we add the chlorine mixture through the fresh water tank vent. Remove the vent cap and pour the chlorine into the vent. Then fill the fresh water tank and run the water through all of the plumbing fixtures. Let sit for at least 4 hours. The chlorine concentration recommended in my Keystone user manual is 1/4 cup to one gallon of water for every 15 gallons of tank capacity. Say 2 3/4 gal of the solution for a 40 gal tank.