PDA

View Full Version : Hi y'all!

LadyFaire
05-09-2020, 09:49 AM
New (again - decades ago was last experience) to the RV/camper scene. Recently purchased a second hand, 2013 Keystone Springdale Summerland that someone bought new, used once or twice and left it parked after that. It really is like new and I'm delighted to have it! All but finished customizing the interior to suit myself and just about ready to take my first trip!

Logan X
05-09-2020, 10:22 AM
Welcome to the forum!

Alpine
05-09-2020, 10:47 AM
YaY welcome indeed!

Gary R.
05-09-2020, 12:15 PM
A big 'ol howdy from Oregon!

Welcome to the forum, and you are sure to enjoy your new to you Springdale.

Take care,

Gary

Gegrad
05-09-2020, 05:04 PM
Welcome from Pennsylvania!

sourdough
05-09-2020, 07:22 PM
New (again - decades ago was last experience) to the RV/camper scene. Recently purchased a second hand, 2013 Keystone Springdale Summerland that someone bought new, used once or twice and left it parked after that. It really is like new and I'm delighted to have it! All but finished customizing the interior to suit myself and just about ready to take my first trip!

Congrats on the new rig. I would check the born on date of those tires right off the bat before I went anywhere with it the previous folks used it once or twice and then let it sit. If so they have aged out.

LadyFaire
05-09-2020, 07:30 PM
Surprisingly enough, the tires are NOT the originals. They are not 'new', but are in good condition with no dry rot and good tread. I think that when they decided to sell the camper, they put new skins on the camper. That was one thing we checked first off. I did NOT want a tire (or two) to disintegrate on the trip home. We bought the trailer from a dealership a couple of hours from our home, and knew that I would have to get the trailer back in one piece, and it had been YEARS since I pulled that size trailer. A bus? No problem - I was a commercial driver for decades. But an articulated rig is much different from a straight vehicle. I was so proud of myself for the good job I did backing that trailer down our long driveway and putting it JUST where I wanted it!! (I'm about to break my arm patting myself on the back, in case you didn't notice!) I AM seriously considering a backup camera on the trailer, though. Then I don't look like an idiot for stopping every 10-15 feet, getting out and checking my spacing and distance!

sourdough
05-09-2020, 07:43 PM
Just as a note, no dry rot and good tread do not a good RV tire make. They can look brand new and be aged out. Look at the manufacture date on the side of the tire to see. With a 7 year old trailer it should have had tires replaced maybe twice and the 2nd round getting close to being a problem.

LadyFaire
05-09-2020, 07:45 PM
Thank you, I WILL check. I was not aware of that!

msubobcats
05-15-2020, 10:58 AM
Congrats and welcome to the forum from Northern Idaho. ENJOY

Yes, check out that DOT date...

LadyFaire
05-15-2020, 12:37 PM
Appreciate the heads up on the DOT date - I didn't even know it existed. I have an appointment next week to get the tires all replaced. Going up a grade on the load rating, too.