PDA

View Full Version : Powder Post Beetles

dietzldub
05-09-2020, 06:20 AM
Has anyone ever had a problem with an infestation of Powder Post Beetles?

We have a 2018 Cougar366RDS. We have them in one of our walls in the rear slide, and the under side of the cabinets on the rear of the coach. That’s the only two spots we’ve seen. You’ll need to zoom in to see the little holes.

We’ve heard Bora Care is the product to use. But wondering if they are under the wall paper on the slide wall will we be able to kill them there.

Hblick48
05-09-2020, 06:44 AM
I'm going to suggest that you call a professional exterminator. I was in the furniture business for many years. We used to find powder post beetles in containers of furniture coming from China..,.they didn't just give us coved 19.

dietzldub
05-12-2020, 06:02 PM
Well I’ve removed the wall board that showed the infestation. I’ll treat the area with Bora Care and get a replacement wall back board from Keystone.

I spoke with Keystone today and they said the coach is out of warranty and they can’t help me.

dietzldub
05-12-2020, 06:05 PM
I'm going to suggest that you call a professional exterminator. I was in the furniture business for many years. We used to find powder post beetles in containers of furniture coming from China..,.they didn't just give us coved 19.

Wow, then the furniture will infest the house it goes into.

Out exterminator said the beetles were probably in the panel when the coach was manufactured.