PDA

View Full Version : New Castle, IN

CWtheMan
05-07-2020, 08:39 AM
When we found this CG we were getting ready for a rest. We were traveling north on IA-3, headed for a two week stay in the Michigan UP area. We had no idea what a little jewel this CG turned-out to be.

It’s a beautiful well manicured CG out in the IN countryside. The owners live across the street from the CG entrance. The CG does not have provisions for dumping sewer or gray water at your site. We stayed a week and I had to use our blue boy one time. A beautiful country golf course a few miles away and great family restaurants in New Castle.

The link is active and the pictures will enlarge when you click on them.

https://www.walnutridgecampground.com/about-us

27157 27158

27159 27160

dutchmensport
05-07-2020, 02:07 PM
Walnut Ridge is kind of a unique enterprise. It is a family owned RV sales and servicing company, that happened to establish their business beside an existing private campground that went out of business years ago. My dad pulled his little 18 foot 1963 Phoenix travel trailer there around 1968 and parked it there for a few months. At that time, the campground was named San-D Beach Campground, as it did have a pond at one time that was used for a swimming hole. I think that pond has long been filled in.

The people who own Walnut Ridge RV Sales click here (https://www.walnutridgerv.com/) is a family owned organization and they have been par-excellent with an outstanding reputation.

If you purchase a new camper from them, they give you 2 free nights of camping in their campground. Their staff will help you park your camper, set it up, and when its time to leave, help you break camp. If you have question about your camper over the course of those 2 days, I understand they have a phone number you can call and get answers about your new camper, and I thing, will even come out and assist you. It's a dynamite program they have going on.

Walnut Ridge has been around for a long, long time now. They are still family owned and managed. About 2 years ago they completed construction on a new and bigger RV repair shop and parts department, and customer sales (RV gadgets and stuff, not the biggest store in the market, but definately has everything anyone would ever need to get initially started RVing very comfortably.)

Plus, they give, like a $200 off any extra purchases the day you take delivery of your new camper.

We purchased 2 of our campers from them. The first was our Outback travel trailer, the second is our Montana High Country fifth wheel. Both times, we had excellent service, excellent follow up, and an excellent financial deal we were happy with.

We never did take advantage of the 2 night offer in the campground as we had other plans immediately after purchasing both campers.

CWtheMan, you fell into a little jewel, for sure.

gearhead
05-07-2020, 04:54 PM
I'll try to remember this place, no actually I'll add it to my internet campground favorites.

Big1
05-11-2020, 09:03 PM
Wow, that is one nice camp ground.