PDA

View Full Version : 2018 Elite 23RB Solar Panel Plug

Derf RV'r
05-04-2020, 12:26 PM
I have a solar panel plug at the front of my Passport on the lower left corner. I have attempted to get information from several different sources, including the dealer, Keystone manuals and I have come up empty. There are some mentions of the capability from Keystone but they say refer to owners manual. The owners manual has no reference.

I'm hopping that someone can tell me if it's prewired for solar and I can just plug-in or if I will need to make any modifications? There may be something I'm missing. Should there be something that I should see and if so where is it? Any help on this would be appreciated.

Customer1
05-04-2020, 07:27 PM
It generally consists of that receptacle, a circuit breaker, and two wires to the battery.

chuckster57
05-04-2020, 07:52 PM
I can’t say I’ve seen a circuit breaker on the solar leads going to the battery. Often times there is an in-line fuse on the positive lead.

ptooti
05-10-2020, 05:59 PM
I bought a kit with a controller and panel I mounted the controller on the under frame and wired it direct to the battery when I camp I put the panel on the roof and sling the cable to the controller plug. I probablty could have just plugged the controller into that outlet but wanted to reduce the distance between the controller and the battery a added and example this is not my unit but similar I have a 100w

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0056/9527/5119/products/30W_Solar_Panel_Kit-1_800x.jpg?v=1571396747