PDA

View Full Version : New Member

Jengiemulkey
05-03-2020, 07:33 AM
Good day all! New to this forum, purchased a 2020 287qbs in February and have watched it sit unused in my driveway thanks to quarantine. Hoping to get it out this summer....fingers crossed.

chuckster57
05-03-2020, 07:35 AM
Welcome to the forum :wlcm:

Congrats on your new purchase. Don't let it sit there use it in the driveway!! Lots of good information and loads of great people here.

Gary R.
05-03-2020, 08:36 AM
Greetings!

Welcome to the forum!

Gary

Logan X
05-03-2020, 08:47 AM
Welcome to the forum!

travelin texans
05-03-2020, 10:41 AM
Plug it in, hook up the water & quarantine in it in the driveway.

flybouy
05-03-2020, 10:55 AM
Like Danny said, take it for "test" in the driveway. See if there are any issues or questions in how to operate it instead of waiting to get get out in the "middle of nowhere" to find an issue.

2014 ultra light
05-03-2020, 04:17 PM
Hello everybody, new to the forum. I bought a 2014 passport ultra light grand touring edition 2years ago and first trip out, shower was leaking wear tub surround meets the tub. Thought it was odd that it wasn’t caulked but have been reading that it’s not supposed to be ? Did anybody have this problem ? Thanks

chuckster57
05-03-2020, 06:07 PM
Hello everybody, new to the forum. I bought a 2014 passport ultra light grand touring edition 2years ago and first trip out, shower was leaking wear tub surround meets the tub. Thought it was odd that it wasn’t caulked but have been reading that it’s not supposed to be ? Did anybody have this problem ? Thanks

Welcome to the forum!!

The tub has a lip that comes up behind the shower surround. It isn’t sealed, and water shouldn’t be getting behind the surround. If it is, I would be looking at the faucet.

2014 ultra light
05-03-2020, 06:11 PM
Welcome to the forum!!

The tub has a lip that comes up behind the shower surround. It isn’t sealed, and water shouldn’t be getting behind the surround. If it is, I would be looking at the faucet.
Thanks for insight. I had thought about the faucet but when I caulked the tub, no more leaking. I had a repair shop install a new surround due to an unrelated incident and was wandering if I should caulk it again or leave it

sourdough
05-03-2020, 06:56 PM
Good day all! New to this forum, purchased a 2020 287qbs in February and have watched it sit unused in my driveway thanks to quarantine. Hoping to get it out this summer....fingers crossed.

As has been mentioned, put it in the drive or somewhere at the house and put it through as many paces as you can...don't wait for summer. If it's new you have 12 months to get warranty work done if you need it. Run a water hose to it, with a filter if you have it, power it up - 120vac if that's all you have and try it out. I bought our new one and it went straight to the house with those items above for a quick check. Then, take it to a nearby local RV park and work all the systems for a day or 2. Don't wait till summer to find an issue.

roadglide
05-03-2020, 07:05 PM
Welcome to forms have fun with the bunkhouse . Excellent advice sourdough gave.