PDA

View Full Version : New bullet black tank flush

Bbouch84
04-29-2020, 06:10 PM
our new 2020 bullet has the whole dockingnstation thing andnit has a black tank flush. Now i tried to use it and it didnt take any water is there a valve im missing somewhere?

Logan X
04-29-2020, 06:27 PM
The black tank flush has a check valve on it to prevent backflow. Sometimes those are installed backwards so it won’t let water in. Mine is under the sink in the bathroom.

It has an arrow on it to show which way the water should flow.

Bbouch84
04-29-2020, 06:43 PM
Thanks i checked it hooked up correctly.. i have free movement from docking station to valve.. valve works good but i cant push any air or anything from the side to black tank.. like its blocked or something

Bbouch84
04-30-2020, 11:08 AM
Update: The check valve works and is installed properly. I get water and air to check valve and passed check vavle with unhooked from outlet line. However nothing moves passed check valve seems like another valve somewhere. Or blockage.

Logan X
04-30-2020, 11:13 AM
How do you know your not getting water in the black tank?

Bbouch84
04-30-2020, 11:16 AM
Good question. Well i braved it and blew air into the line at at a low psi and no movement at all. Other than that i dont know. I figured it would spray and use some water pretty decently but the check valve was even dry when i took it off the line before my tests.

JRTJH
04-30-2020, 11:23 AM
The way your system is "built" there is a 1/2" PEX line from the anti-siphon valve down to the spray nozzle in the black tank. Usually there's a compression screwon fitting to connect the PEX to the spray nozzle. Occasionally the PEX does "crimp" at the "turn from vertical to horizontal" and that crimp will block air/water flow.

If you feel "up to it" you can remove the underbelly cover and troubleshoot it. Otherwise, if you're getting water flow from the sidewall connector to the anti-siphon valve, but not from that fitting to the tank, I'd suspect a crimped line in a new trailer... Once the black tank has been used several times, possibly TP or "crud" can dry on the nozzle and block the flow, but on a new tank, that's not likely...

I'd suspect that PEX line is crimped.

Added: CAUTION !!! Occasionally the fitting on the PEX is not connected to the tank nozzle. If that's the case, you "could be filling your underbelly with water" without realizing it. So, turn on the "test water" carefully.....

Keystoned
04-30-2020, 12:02 PM
Yeah, sounds like a warranty issue. BTDT the hard way and ended up replacing the nozzle.
Good luck.

Bbouch84
04-30-2020, 12:03 PM
How difficult is it to start to remove the underbelly cover? Sorry for all the questions we went from 2001 cub with bare bones handed down to us to a loaded up 2020 bullet our first purchase..

Keystoned
04-30-2020, 12:11 PM
Not as bad a putting it back together, lol. If you have basic mechanical skills, no problem.

JRTJH
04-30-2020, 12:19 PM
It depends on what material was used on your trailer underbelly. If it was COROPLAST (corrugated plastic) then it's fairly easy to reinstall. If it was DARCO (think blue plastic tarp) then you'll never get it reinstalled. The way the factory installed it was while the chassis was inverted (wheels up) they laid the DARCO in place, taped the folded ends around the frame and when they sat the chassis on its wheels, they laid the flooring in place, stapled the "wrapped around DARCO" to the top of the flooring. There's no "seam to remove the bottom DARCO, so you'll have to cut it off and tape it back in place... It never seems to work properly after reinstalled...

So, if it's COROPLAST, you can do it fairly easy if you like to cuss... If it's DARCO, call your dealer.....

Logan X
04-30-2020, 12:36 PM
I’m just going to offer a unique opinion and take it for whatever it is worth.

I am 100% the kind of guy that likes to have everything working properly and it bothers me when stuff isn’t working right. Having said that, I thought my black tank flush wasn’t working when I first bought my trailer. For whatever reason, I never tried to get it fixed. So I went a couple of years without flushing the tank. Do you know how many problems I had from not flushing the tank, zero. There were no issues whatsoever. No bad odors, nothing. After a couple of years I decided it was time to fix the flush so I found and removed the check valve. I don’t know what kind of magic I used, but after doing nothing more than reinstalling the check valve, the tank flusher was working.

So what did I learn. I mainly learned that I didn’t really need a black tank flush. I use it now, maybe twice a year, just because it’s there. I am perfectly happy without it.

My point in saying all this is not to discourage you from tearing into it. Go for it. Especially if your stuck at home with nothing else to do.

But, if you don’t really want to spend the time and energy on it, it’s pretty easy to go without having a black tank flush. And who knows, maybe in a couple of years it will magically start working.

Anyways, good luck with whatever you decide.

Keystoned
04-30-2020, 12:45 PM
If it's coroplast and you need to cut it, you will need special tape to seal it up and you may need 'great stuff' for the edges.

sourdough
04-30-2020, 01:03 PM
Since you've ran the trouble past the check valve into the line feeding the system you are now looking at having to do some "intrusive" stuff to the trailer. If it is coroplast (hopefully) it is highly possible that you would have to cut the coroplast to get wherever you need to be. The pex fitting could be compromised or the flush mechanism itself. Trying to dig into that could mandate that you do something that would not only compromise the trailer but also your warranty. Is taking it to the dealer out of the question? If so, we need to proceed on with the best way to access those components just keep the above in mind.

flybouy
04-30-2020, 01:53 PM
Good question. Well i braved it and blew air into the line at at a low psi and no movement at all. Other than that i dont know. I figured it would spray and use some water pretty decently but the check valve was even dry when i took it off the line before my tests.

The easiest way to "test" IMO is to get a clear connector and place it between the 3" dump line and the hose. Drain the tank. Turn the water supply for rinser on and let in run for a min or two. Go look at the clear section and if water is flowing then it's working, if not then my first guess would by John's "pinched water line" theory.

chuckster57
04-30-2020, 05:58 PM
If you need to remove the coroplast, odds are it’s “nailed” in place. I have used a die grinder to remove the heads, and pulled it down. Then just punch the nail out and replace with a self tapping screw.

One would think that if the rinser wasn’t working on a new unit, it would have been caught and dealt with by the PDI tech....oh yeah, I forgot lots of dealers don’t even check new units prior to delivery.

Bbouch84
05-02-2020, 01:22 PM
WOW!!! Thanks everyone for all the info. So knowing how i am if im supposed to have it then i want it to work. After talking with my better half and thinking about doing it myself vs having the warranty done. We have used the "wand" on our old camper and im sure we can use that the rest of this season and then come winterizing time take it in for warranty work :). Im sure with the hand me down tt that her parents gave us they NEVER flushed the tank i am just very picky and dont want any problems on the road but im sure there will always be one outside of my control but preventative is better than negligent am i correct on that? So im thinking at the ending of the season be like um this dont work fix it. Is that wrong?

Keystoned
05-02-2020, 01:25 PM
As long as you use the tanks correctly, you should be fine for a while.

BadmanRick
05-07-2020, 10:19 AM
If your Camper is new TAKE IT BACK TO THE DEALER it is under full warranty. Have it fixed correctly and it will still remain under warranty.

poelma
05-07-2020, 01:37 PM
Yes, check installation.

sonofcy
05-08-2020, 10:57 AM
If it's coroplast and you need to cut it, you will need special tape to seal it up and you may need 'great stuff' for the edges.
The 'trick' is to cut a flap where you need access. Orient the flap with the opening to the rear so wind isn't a factor. Then most any kind of tape will suffice, but if you are concerned just ask the dealer for a roll of the stuff they use.

CedarCreekWoody
05-08-2020, 11:24 AM
If your Camper is new TAKE IT BACK TO THE DEALER it is under full warranty. Have it fixed correctly and it will still remain under warranty.

X 2! Take it back to the dealer to check.

Steve's 70-5
05-11-2020, 05:12 PM
When I flush my tank, it takes a couple minutes before I see water in the sewer dump line. Just reviewing a few things, make sure you have the black water value open. I have not tried this, but I would think that if you are flushing the tank and you open the toilet lid, you should hear water running.

uechikid
05-11-2020, 07:21 PM

Yes!!! Take it back to the dealer!!!

manaju
03-24-2021, 01:40 PM
I read through all these and still up on the air about what to do with my 2021 cougar 30RKD. It's been back twice to the dealer to only sit there 90% of the time. 1st time nothing was ever done on the punch list except for something extra I paid for... 2nd time, Some work was done (poorly), parts replaced and they said the black tank flush line was pinch and was fixed. Went camping last weekend... Nothing! hook the hose to the line and no water passes through. I even have a clear extension on my dump valve to inspect for water and nothing there either. I hate taking it back to the bermuda triangle for them to sit on it for weeks.. I will look under my sink to see if the anti siphon valve is reversed. Other than than, i don't know what to do besides just leave it alone and partially fill the tank and let it slosh around..

sourdough
03-24-2021, 01:55 PM
I read through all these and still up on the air about what to do with my 2021 cougar 30RKD. It's been back twice to the dealer to only sit there 90% of the time. 1st time nothing was ever done on the punch list except for something extra I paid for... 2nd time, Some work was done (poorly), parts replaced and they said the black tank flush line was pinch and was fixed. Went camping last weekend... Nothing! hook the hose to the line and no water passes through. I even have a clear extension on my dump valve to inspect for water and nothing there either. I hate taking it back to the bermuda triangle for them to sit on it for weeks.. I will look under my sink to see if the anti siphon valve is reversed. Other than than, i don't know what to do besides just leave it alone and partially fill the tank and let it slosh around..

On your trailer I would bet it's under the bathroom sink. Usually there is a white/blue water line that goes straight up and about 4" over another just like it coming down. The valve is sometimes very hard to see tucked up behind the back of the sink. Sure sounds like that is your issue.....along with a bum dealer.