PDA

View Full Version : Removing the outdoor kitchen

jkugler
04-27-2020, 09:47 AM
Howdy all! We have a Bullet 308BHS. Nice trailer. Sleeps all of us (family of seven). As you can imagine, space and storage can be an issue.

The outdoor kitchen holds absolutely no utility for us, and we'd like to reclaim the space. I figure we could remove the contents of that area, and create storage space. Maybe even upgrade the latches so it holds better. I'm thinking of putting in tie-downs and I could store a generator in there.

Has anybody removed/remodeled their outdoor kitchen, and do you have tips, tricks, or pictures to share?

Thanks!

Logan X
04-27-2020, 09:52 AM
I have seen others remove the outdoor kitchen and use it for storage. I would caution against using it to run a generator. That space is not designed to have a generator running it it and you would potentially be allowing deadly exhaust fumes to enter the trailer. If you just wanted to store a generator, that may work as long as it is not too heavy.

jkugler
04-27-2020, 09:57 AM
Yeah, not looking to run the generator in there right now. Just storage.

I've thought about running it in there, but I would really have to evaluate if I could seal that area off sufficiently, have enough airflow, etc. But yes, just storage for now.

debnana
04-27-2020, 11:24 AM
Thought the same thing when we bought our bullet. Took out the fridge first. Stored lots of stuff we thought we needed. As we camped more I realized how handy the outdoor kitchen could be. Saves running in and out for drinks and snacks. Handy for cooking outside and keeps indoor kitchen cleaner. Nice to have sink outside for washing up too. Put the fridge back in, left the extra stuff inside and out that we didn't wind up needing anyway at home. I wouldn't rip it all out just yet in case you might regret it later. Would also be concerned about weight of generator.

flybouy
04-27-2020, 02:52 PM
Resurecting your post from last September?

jkugler
04-27-2020, 03:20 PM
@flybouy

I suppose. More focusing on removing everything, period. My September post was more about building in a generator there. At least I think...maybe I *DO* need to go back and re-read.

Also looking for pictures if anyone has done it.

flybouy
04-27-2020, 04:08 PM
No problem. I wouldn't store anything flammable, especially gas in that space. At least in my outdoor kitchen the wall in between the the kitchen and the interior ain't much.

JRTJH
04-27-2020, 05:35 PM
There is a thread on the forum from about 3 or 4 years ago where a member described removing his outdoor kitchen. He built "organized storage spaces where the kitchen was. He "custom built the shelving" to store his fishing/sports equipment.
Here's the link to what he did: https://www.keystoneforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30291

Mastrblastr
04-28-2020, 05:52 AM
Love my outdoor kitchen but that little 110v fridge is absolutely useless for me. If it was a propane fridge, that would be fantastic. I removed the fridge and store my Napolean table top barbecue in there now. It fits perfectly on that shelf and with a little change of location of the nylon strap that holds the fridge in, I now use that strap to hold my barbecue.