04-27-2020, 08:02 AM
A sad state of affairs!

When the spiders have taken over your tow vehicle...:hide:

sourdough
04-27-2020, 08:04 AM
Yep, that's the way my truck and I PERSONALLY look and feel! :lol:

meaz93*
04-27-2020, 08:09 AM
Spider webs between the trailer tires with some bougainvillea blooms......seems like I'm brushing them away every other day!

flybouy
04-27-2020, 08:53 AM
My brain is getting clogged with cobwebs.

hankpage
04-27-2020, 08:56 AM
Help me!!!

Fishsizzle
04-27-2020, 01:12 PM
I was pretty stoked Saturday. I’m getting ready to seal the driveway so took the Alpine 3 Miles and parked it on another property

flybouy
04-27-2020, 02:07 PM
A week ago or daughter couldn't get her John Deer tractor started and called for advice. After asking her many questions it sounded like the battery was dead, turned out to be operator error in that she still had the blades engaged. So off I went, DW and I on the 10 mile "journey" to her house. Seemed like a long drive, man this is sad.......

wiredgeorge
04-27-2020, 03:01 PM
Our Governor Abbott is opening things up Thursday (limited). Today I took the clunker over to Quality Auto Repair in Pipe Creek for a radiator flush/fill, windshield wiper repair and A/C tune up. Stopped in the True Value for water softener salt on the way back. Once we can get a restaurant table we will be doing more breakfast rides (starting to get warm here) on the trike. Missus picked up curb side groceries at the HEB this morning... Luckily for us, we never get out much so there isn't much difference in the pace of life. Missus is getting her paycheck for sitting home thanks to the Fed and I am pretty busy with my business. I do enjoy wearing my cowboy hat, boots and 6 shooter rig into stores with a bandana over my kisser... nobody has remarked but it makes me feel like I am a Roy Rogers extra bwhahahaha

Customer1
04-27-2020, 04:49 PM
Luckily we got to spend about 70 to 75 nights in our Cougar this year before we had to leave early and head home to hunker down. My wife is very high risk and we are thinking we may not even be able to travel this coming winter.

hankpage
04-27-2020, 07:58 PM
Luckily we got to spend about 70 to 75 nights in our Cougar this year before we had to leave early and head home to hunker down. My wife is very high risk and we are thinking we may not even be able to travel this coming winter.

Think positive!!!! This too shall pass.

Frank G
04-28-2020, 02:28 AM
Sunday morning we started our journey from central Florida to northern Ohio. The traffic was mostly light, pulling the FW through Atlanta Sunday afternoon at 65mph, like it wasn't even there, was unbelievable. We found that most KOA's are open and have descent safe guards in place. Using telephone registration, CC at all fuel stops we never had to encounter another person, sad. Oh, cheapest fuel, mile 99 in Ohio $1.79 Gas $1.04. The state of Georgia has some extra wide spots in the RV and truck area to accommodate opening the slides.

LewisB
04-29-2020, 01:55 PM
We are READY to go!

wiredgeorge
04-29-2020, 02:34 PM
We spent a week in Del Rio in a nice RV park (Lonesome Dove RV Ranch) and quite frankly, if you can't really go anywhere, it sort of takes the shine off camping anyway. Running around wiping stuff with bleachy wipes and hand sanitizer so you can scratch your nose is tiresome.

LewisB
05-03-2020, 07:34 AM
After spending so much time together (and giving the DW a good natured hard time about everything), she advised me that I was rapidly approaching the "high risk" category...I'm not convinced she was addressing virus issues, however...

Gunny Mike
05-03-2020, 12:36 PM
Got my tow vehicle into the shop for the season only to find out campgrounds in Indiana won't open up for three more weeks so are reservations were cancelled. Our plan b was a trip to Gulf Shores only to find out that the fishing pier is closed for renovations. Will see what Myrtle Beach has to offer. We definitely need an escape right now and something to look forward too with all this doom and gloom.

Robear
05-03-2020, 03:24 PM
I live in California and had reservations at Rincon beach mid May. I just got an email from the city Of Ventura canceling. Our next trip is scheduled for the mountains end of June. Hopefully this will be over by then. I’ve waxed the front end of my Cougar and now getting ready to clean and seal the rubber roof. Had to kill a few black widows on the undercarriage yesterday!

Logan X
05-03-2020, 05:45 PM
I live in California and had reservations at Rincon beach mid May. I just got an email from the city Of Ventura canceling. Our next trip is scheduled for the mountains end of June. Hopefully this will be over by then. I’ve waxed the front end of my Cougar and now getting ready to clean and seal the rubber roof. Had to kill a few black widows on the undercarriage yesterday!

That’s a bummer about the Rincon reservations. I’m sure they were hard to get.

LERD
05-03-2020, 05:47 PM
I'm truly one of the blessed ones. I'm not retired yet, and I'm considered essential. So everyday is basically the same for me, with a 20% per hour raise during the crisis. DW is retired, and I'm only 60 and in good health so neither of us are considered "at risk" . And while our travels will be very limited, if at all this year, life is good for us. We could be sick, or unemployed or completely stuck at home. Not RVing really stinks. But it's an inconvenience, I thank God everyday it's not worse than that for us.

LHaven
05-03-2020, 06:32 PM
We are READY to go!

Now, if the Airstream just had "JUPITER 2" on it, we could all get nostalgic!

meaz93*
05-03-2020, 06:34 PM
Now, if the Airstream just had "JUPITER 2" on it, we could all get nostalgic!Niiiiccccee[emoji106]>Lost in Space?

roadglide
05-03-2020, 06:50 PM
Yesterday we took a nice ride to Blackrange high country and had lunch on a picnic table along the river . We get back into town at the sonic drive in order our ice cream a sweet little girl with a mask delivered our shakes to us while we where setting on there picnic table with yellow caution tape all around. I ask here if the customers where taking care of her she said yes and I tipped and she said thank you. I don’t avoid Non-essentials.

LHaven
05-03-2020, 06:53 PM
Yeah, when this shutdown went into effect, one of my first thoughts was that Sonic would be doing a pretty good business. I used to enjoy A&Ws a lot, but those days are gone.

flybouy
05-03-2020, 07:44 PM
Yeah, when this shutdown went into effect, one of my first thoughts was that Sonic would be doing a pretty good business. I used to enjoy A&Ws a lot, but those days are gone.

Just had a flashback of root beer with a head and hot dogs. Now I'm hungry again.....

German Shepherd Guy
05-04-2020, 04:26 AM
I am moving the TT out of the Barn this week to a spot on the place where we can "camp". Ponderosa and Cedar will be nice view and I will water up so we can cook and stay out there. At least it is a break from the house. I'll dycor the roof as part of spring maintenance. Had to reclaim a great old boy from some folks who could no longer care for him and he loves to herd the cattle, which he is not supposed to do, but at least for him life is normal. Contacted yesterday by one of our owners from Nebraska who want to give him a home so they are coming next week and the TT will be a place they can stay while they are here.

crk112
05-04-2020, 07:58 AM
I'm jealous of your spider webs.. I've been chasing wasps away from my TT the last few days.

travelin texans
05-04-2020, 08:03 AM

The Sonic's in our area only have the drive thrus open!
Not sure if it's due the the virus or the temperatures, already had about week of over 100 degrees.

flybouy
05-04-2020, 08:07 AM
I'm jealous of your spider webs.. I've been chasing wasps away from my TT the last few days.

If you were on the left coast the giant Asian hornets, AKA "Murder Hornets" could be chasing you. :hide:

jimborokz
05-05-2020, 02:37 AM
Drove thru Chick-fil-a the other day to pick up an online order. They usually run a double drive thru and it always has cars there. Now they are running four lines and it's backed up to the street and you still get thru in minutes. If the government would just put them in charge of testing, this whole thing would have been over weeks ago.