PDA

View Full Version : TV bracket Install over fireplce

kmkirby2006
04-26-2020, 05:04 AM
I have a Hideout 272 LHS. There is a sticker on the wall over the fireplace that indicates where to install TV wall mount. Has anyone installed one? If so any tips would appreciated.

Thanks
Ken Kirby

dutchmensport
04-26-2020, 05:23 AM
I had something similar in my Outback travel trailer in the bedroom. I figured out there was a board placed horizontal between the wall studs and that is where the screws needed to go. I figured this out, because I used a stud finder and was able to outline the shape of the board. If you have a stud finder, that will be the best way to find the supporting board and get it's dimensions.

It's been a while, but I think mine was about 8 inches (up and down), and the length between the studs. Not real forgiving, but the kind of wall mount I used, it worked fine, because I attached a bar where the other half mounts to the television and it can be lifted off at any time. I never traveled with that television on the wall.

https://i.imgur.com/pbxUhtW.jpg

kmkirby2006
04-26-2020, 06:14 AM
I have a stud finder. I will use it. Your reply is very helpful. I appreciate it.

JRTJH
04-26-2020, 06:36 AM
Don't trust the placement of that sticker !!!!! While it might be "close" you're not playing horseshoes or throwing grenades !!!

Use that stud finder and map it out. Keystone has been "wrong on decal placement" as many times as they've been right.... Even the photo that dutchmansport posted shows the decal off center from the actual wall mount...

kmkirby2006
04-26-2020, 07:59 AM
I seen that also. I will definitely use the stud finder.
Thanks for the reply