PDA

View Full Version : All shined up again!

bomberchamp
04-25-2020, 08:16 PM
Well after paying someone about $250 about 18 months ago to wax my rv I finally bought the stuff to do it myself. My problem was I wasn’t real happy after the guys did it. The shine was decent but didn’t last long due to oxidation. I didn’t think it would work with just wax but he assured me it would look good. It looked decent, but about 2 months later the shine was basically gone. Fast forward to last week and I tackled the beast. I’m currently furloughed and collecting unemployment so I figured why not let the government pay me to work on my rig 😎.
I went to autozone and bought a griots garage buffer and a couple of pads. I used a product called wizards mystic cut to get through the oxidation. This product cuts the oxidation and leaves an impressive polish on the surface. I then waxed the rv with griots best show wax.

I was very nervous doing this process but after watching a few videos of guys doing boats and rvs with rubbing compound I was confident I could tackle it. I’m extremely happy with the results and the whole process took about 20 hours. I’m in no way wanting to do this on the regular but I’m not afraid to tackle it again if I have to.

Here’s a few pics of during and after.

Alpine
04-25-2020, 09:14 PM
[QUOTE=bomberchamp;387610]Well after paying someone about $250 about 18 months ago to wax my rv I finally bought the stuff to do it myself. My problem was I wasn’t real happy after the guys did it. The shine was decent but didn’t last long due to oxidation. I didn’t think it would work with just wax but he assured me it would look good. It looked decent, but about 2 months later the shine was basically gone. Fast forward to last week and I tackled the beast. I’m currently furloughed and collecting unemployment so I figured why not let the government pay me to work on my rig 😎.
I went to autozone and bought a griots garage buffer and a couple of pads. I used a product called wizards mystic cut to get through the oxidation. This product cuts the oxidation and leaves an impressive polish on the surface. I then waxed the rv with griots best show wax.

I was very nervous doing this process but after watching a few videos of guys doing boats and rvs with rubbing compound I was confident I could tackle it. I’m extremely happy with the results and the whole process took about 20 hours. I’m in no way wanting to do this on the regular but I’m not afraid to tackle it again if I have to.

Here’s a few pics of during and after.[/QUOTE

Huge difference.... Looks fantastic!

bomberchamp
04-28-2020, 05:39 PM
Thanks we were hoping to head out into the desert this weekend with it but at 100 degrees plus it’s not going to happen. Next weekend maybe, just can’t wait to show it off 😁

gearhead
04-28-2020, 06:21 PM
Let us know how long it lasts.
If nothing else you could try to hire a couple kids to do it next time. Sit in a chair and supervise, now that you know how.