PDA

View Full Version : Yellowstone Closure 2020

roadglide
04-25-2020, 04:40 AM
I have reservation for Yellowstone west Montana the end of July. I have read everything is closed except carry out not good with a motorcycle. I’ll wait and find out more about the closing of parks main Concessionary . I Should know bye may 15 if Sturgis is a go for 2020.

notanlines
04-25-2020, 12:49 PM
I believe a large number of their workforce are foreign students, and they aren't coming. I'd hate to see the ark closed for the year. I don't believe the local economies could take a full year of closure.

Superduty64
04-26-2020, 09:41 AM
I too have reservations at Yellowstone West Gate the end of July with the grandkids. I hope they don’t close it for the 2020 season.

roadglide
04-26-2020, 09:53 AM
Yellowstone will be opening June 15. There will be no tours and the restaurants will be carry out . A private company will be running Yellowstone with reduced staff. This could be a very good time to visit Yellowstone . I will be in the area end of July then Sturgis South Dakota.

Superduty64
04-26-2020, 10:53 AM
I will be staying at the KOA west Yellowstone Gate. I was thinking the same thing might the best time to go. I don’t mind take out from restaurants, I also heard they will limit the number of people in the gift stores.

Superduty64
04-26-2020, 11:23 AM
What does everyone else think about going to Yellowstone if it does open with the limitations they are talking about?

notanlines
04-26-2020, 02:29 PM
Superduty, if the gift shop and snack bar limitations are a problem then I'd say head towards Wisconsin Dells. If seeing wildlife is numero uno then Yellowstone is the place. I don't know anyone who has been back to Yellowstone 3, 4 and more times who gives a rat's patoot about gift shops. Ignore the drivel and enjoy the scenery and wildlife. A little time on Google investigating the geological side of the place will enhance your visit. Cold beer, pizza, a visit to Yellowstone....man, how good can life get?

Roscommon48
04-26-2020, 03:51 PM
https://buckrail.com/old-faithful-inn-closed-for-2020-yellowstone-park-concessions-will-be-severely-limited/

CrazyCain
04-26-2020, 06:10 PM
I'm thinking with the lack of humans walking around, the wildlife will be in abundance. Like around where i live, with hardly any traffic, we are seeing much more animals walking around and the lack of road kill is amazing. :)

KimNTerry
04-28-2020, 03:04 PM
Reservations for early July here. Looking forward to it.

gearhead
04-28-2020, 04:29 PM
Restaurants and gift shops?
Take a couple loaves bread, some ham, some cheese, some beer, some eggs, and a skillet.
I would go.

JRTJH
04-28-2020, 05:29 PM
I would go too, but remember there's going to be a lot of "city slickers" to watch the bears, wolves and buffalo who have never seen a wild animal. With a reduced staff to keep "all them tourists" alive, there may be a problem in 2021 after all the bears have developed a "taste for humans"... Just sayin' :cool:

gearhead
04-28-2020, 06:07 PM
LOL.
Hadn't thought of that.
We are way overdue for Yellowstone. It was 1985 I think.

roadglide
04-30-2020, 06:24 PM
I have Google News on my phone that’s the only news I look at and pick stuff I’m interested in. National parks is my daily news and it appears it’s changing daily. Hack by July they may be open and going full blast . I doubt it because there are too many people that have canceled their flights coming into America. I have been stuck in traffic from hell some of the national forest because of foreigners tours stopping Traffic looking at Elk with the Rangers waving them on through.

roadglide
09-04-2020, 05:13 PM
Yellowstone was amazing the end of July. I spent seven days at rainbow point national park 8 miles from Yellowstone city . The traffic was light and everything was open for business . I had made reservations 6 months to the day for a site in rainbow point . Beautiful weather and rode over 700 miles around Yellowstone. It was the good year to travel and fuel at some states costing Under $2 a gallon.

roadglide
09-05-2020, 04:59 AM
I seen motels near empty everywhere in west Yellowstone city . The rv park downtown where full some had a price of 140 dollars night . The local folks said they where down 1/3 . I can’t imagine 1/3 more people hanging around to see the Old faithful exploding.