PDA

View Full Version : Brake wiring

Brickell
04-22-2020, 08:43 AM
Thanks in advance. I was under my toy hauler adjusting the brakes and noticed that the wires on two of the wheels are all disconnected. I've contacted Keystone but as you all know, they don't make any two the same. Anyone here have any experience with this?

chuckster57
04-22-2020, 09:40 AM
There are two wires in the brake circuit. There are two wires for each magnet. Just make sure the magnet wires are connected to separate “circuit” wires.

If you have circuit wires coming out of the underbelly on one side only, you’ll see that three wires go together. Polarity doesn’t matter.

Hope this makes sense.

Steveo57
04-22-2020, 01:54 PM
Thanks in advance. I was under my toy hauler adjusting the brakes and noticed that the wires on two of the wheels are all disconnected. I've contacted Keystone but as you all know, they don't make any two the same. Anyone here have any experience with this?

The brake wires go to one side of my trailer and then through the axle to the other side. Do you just have loose wires not connected to anything and just hanging there?

Brickell
04-25-2020, 05:57 AM
Yes there are 4 wires disconnected on both

chuckster57
04-25-2020, 06:00 AM
Yes there are 4 wires disconnected on both

So you have 2 pairs? If so just put the pairs back together. One from each pair to one from the other pair. Then the other ones. Doesn’t matter which wire from each pair.