PDA

View Full Version : Outback252 storage

Eric0468
04-21-2020, 07:29 PM
Hey guys.

So I'm buying an outback252 but I'm concerned about the cabinet under the sink. It's completely unfinished and the salesman is saying that it's meant to be that way because of plumbing access. 🤔. This doesn't make sense to me. It literally has 2 panels draped across the space and you can't even fit the smallest of trash cans in there. This can't be the way that they are meant to be finished is it?

Best regards and thank you for any input!

JRTJH
04-21-2020, 07:47 PM
Look at another Outback (same model) to compare. Or, if there's not another same model on the lot, look at similar floorplans or floorplans with similar galley arrangements. Usually, if one is "that way" and another is "also that way" it's the way the factory intended.

As for the salesman, if his lips were moving, verify what he said.....

Logan X
04-21-2020, 07:51 PM
My trailer has virtually no under sink space also. There are two panels there which are held in by two screws. If you remove the panels, you have access to the under sink plumbing and the water heater.

If it is unfinished, that doesn’t sound normal. If there is no storage due to wood panels blocking the area off, that is how my trailer is as well.

sourdough
04-21-2020, 08:06 PM
I think the OP needs to define "unfinished". Lots of things in an RV look like they could have had a little more "something".

JRTJH
04-22-2020, 05:29 AM
I think the OP needs to define "unfinished". Lots of things in an RV look like they could have had a little more "something".

I agree 100%. That's why I suggested comparing "his trailer" to other trailers on the lot. Many RV manufacturers leave things "halfway finished" in some areas so the dealer can adjust and finish them upon delivery (propane racks is one that readily comes to mind) and those same RV manufacturers can "take shortcuts where things aren't noticeable or even (imagine this) fail to completely finish a trailer and it gets overlooked when that unit leaves the factory....

I'd suspect, that if "all the Outbacks on the lot" look the same, it's the way Keystone intended them to leave the factory. Wouldn't be the first time an owner's expectations were higher than the factory's expectations.....

Big 417
04-28-2020, 03:46 PM
That's the way they are. .... Price point makes a little difference, but not a bunch. Maybe in the inside cabinets, but I assure you, my $14000(can) looks exactly the same underneath as yours. Just a tangled mess of everything, some of it hidden by door skin panels.