PDA

View Full Version : Keystone Cougar grey water

jeriwyrick
04-18-2020, 03:47 PM
I have a 2013 Keystone Cougar High Country, I am hooked up to city water and valve is open, I have 2 grey water buttons on my wall, grey water is reading full.is there a second valve I need to open? if so I can not find it. Please help.

sourdough
04-18-2020, 04:00 PM
Is this trailer new to you or have you had it a long time? I'm assuming new to you if the 2nd grey tank is full and you don't know where the drain valve is. What model is it? 5th wheel or bumper pull?

I had a 14 Cougar High Country 319rls. My 2 main pulls were labeled and beside each other by the main dump valve. The other was up under the side, through the frame in front of the tires - silver handle. You had to get under to see it if you didn't know where it was.

Aside from that, if you are leaving your grey tanks open how are you cleaning that sewer line/connections after you dump the black tank? There are different groups of thought on it but I do not and would not leave my grey tank valves open. I did it for one 3 month trip. Went to pick up the hose and it weighed 20 lbs. because it was full of sludge, goo etc. that accumulated over that time because there was never enough flow to just push it on out. Threw it away and dump grey when I dump black (I hope you are leaving it closed?).

Canonman
04-18-2020, 04:01 PM
Depending on your specific model, you might have 2 grey tanks. One for the kitchen/galley and one for the bathroom/shower. Often the galley tank has a separate gate valve usually located just aft of the wheels.

roadglide
04-18-2020, 04:35 PM
Is this trailer new to you or have you had it a long time? I'm assuming new to you if the 2nd grey tank is full and you don't know where the drain valve is. What model is it? 5th wheel or bumper pull?

I had a 14 Cougar High Country 319rls. My 2 main pulls were labeled and beside each other by the main dump valve. The other was up under the side, through the frame in front of the tires - silver handle. You had to get under to see it if you didn't know where it was.

Aside from that, if you are leaving your grey tanks open how are you cleaning that sewer line/connections after you dump the black tank? There are different groups of thought on it but I do not and would not leave my grey tank valves open. I did it for one 3 month trip. Went to pick up the hose and it weighed 20 lbs. because it was full of sludge, goo etc. that accumulated over that time because there was never enough flow to just push it on out. Threw it away and dump grey when I dump black (I hope you are leaving it closed?).

I was going to send a thanks but your story had me laughing